One of most happening places to see when in Kilkenny, the Pumphouseis known for its famous beer on the tap and is a hotspot in the evenings. Located close to the Watergate Theatre, the pub has split level ground floor which is more contemporary while the top floor is more traditional. The place is known for its live music and offers traditional Irish music on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Live music featuring alternative and rock classics.
- Best beer pints with entertaining ambience.
Sunday nights are known for featuring the Barfies- a band that covers some of the English classics like rolling stones and Neil Young. Tourists love to drop by the Pumphouse during long walks to unwind with good music over delicious bar food and a cooling pint of beer.
The Pumphouse Travel Tips
- Do drop by at the pub in late evenings for some good music over the best pint of beer.
- They do not accept cards. Do keep cash at hand when visiting the place.
The Pumphouse Hours
- Friday- 2:00 pm to 12:30 am
- Saturday- 2:00 pm to 12:30 am
How to Reach The Pumphouse
- Bus: Busses are available at Market Yard.
- Royal Spice
- Italian Connection
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kilkenny before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilkenny and book an accommodation of your choice.
11.54% of people who visit Kilkenny include The Pumphouse in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
64.91% of people start their The Pumphouse visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Pumphouse
64.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Pumphouse