How to Reach Killarney
The Easiest Way to Reach Killarney
- By Air: Nearest flight to Killarney is at Farranfore which lies 10 miles away from the city. Flights are connected from Frankfurt- Hahn, London and Dublin.
- By Train: Dublin-Cork and Cork-Tralee trains have a stop at Killarney and are often used to reach the city. The city train station is a few metres away from the city-centre. Trains are preferred if you are travelling to Killarney from other cities in Ireland.
- By Bus: The Bus Eireann connects Killarney to other cities in Ireland. The city Bus Stop is located close to its Train station.
- By Car: Killarney is two hours drove away from Shannon Airport, one and a half hours drive from Cork Airport and four and half hour’s drive from Dublin Airport.
- Bus Stop: The city has a local bus transport system even though Killarney is small enough to be covered by foot. The main Bus station is located on Park Road.
- Jaunting Car: Killarney is known for their local transport- horse drawn jaunting car which comes with the driver called jarvey.
- By Cycling: Renting a Cycle/bike is the best way to go exploring Killarney. The roadways add as much to the experience as its monuments, pubs and museums.
- By Walking: For people who love walking, the city is easily explored on foot without any need for a bike or bicycle. You will love how you can rediscover Killarney’s street and alleys every time you walk through them.
Modes of Transportation in Killarney
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Killarney. The most preferred mode of transport in Killarney is Walking.
Average distance: 4 km Average time: 40 min
Walking 100%Walking 40 min Overall average time for 4 kms 40 min