Are you looking for what to do in Killarney?
PLACES TO SEE
Killarney is swamped with monuments, pubs and natural wonders. If you are wondering what to see in Killarney when you visit Ireland, read on…
- Killarney National Park: The first national wildlife park in Ireland, the Killarney National Park is a rare treat! Rent a car to drive around the narrow roadways through lush green woods and seeing animals like the Red Deer walking around the forest.
- Muckross House: Take a tour of the beautiful house and walk around the magnificent gardens taking in all the history around you. A beautiful place to spend an afternoon with the gift shop and the pottery house.
- Ross Castle: Built in the 15th century, Ross Castle is located on the edge of Lough Leanne. Considered one of the strongholds of Irish Chieftains, the Ross Castle is today a proud tourist attraction.
THINGS TO DO
Killarney is known for a number of activities which are popular among tourists and locals alike. Read on to know the most popular things to do while in Killarney.
- Boat Trip to the Lakes of Killarney: Located in the Killarney National Park, a boat trip across the three lakes is sure to make you appreciate the majestic beauty of the surrounding mountains.
- Shop at Glenaran Irish Market: Located at College Street, the market is the perfect stop to buy authentic Irish crafts and knitwear.
- Cycling at the Killarney National Park: Rent a bicycle at the National Park to explore its awe-inspiring length and breadth.
- Killarney Grand: The Killarney Grand Pub is an experience in itself. If your idea of nightlife is live music, the place is sure to keep you entertained for hours over a good pint of beer and some great food.
- Murphys Bar: Rustic Ireland at its best, Murphy’s is known for being the entertainment hotspot in Killarney. Established in 1955, the place has maintained its eccentric and charming look and is a great place to drop by at night.
- The Kube: The Kube is known for its delectable cocktail menu and great bar food while you sway to some good groovy music. A must if you are travelling with friends.
Below we have a list of things to do in Killarney and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Killarney getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Killarney with confidence.