Lake Ilo National Wildlife Refuge5 Votes Currently Open
- Address: ND-200, Dunn Center, ND 58626, USA, United States Map
- Phone: +1-7015488110
- Tags: Family And Kids, Lake, Bird Watching, Fishing
This is man-made lake came into existence in the 1930s. The construction of the dam on two creeks was completed in 1938 and the lake was created. The area surrounding the lake and lake itself was designated as a National Wildlife Refuge in 1939. Since then, it has become home to numerous birds, mammals, and reptiles. Great-blue herons, American bitterns, gadwall, pintails, mallards, plovers, marbled godwits and Canada geese are very common during migration and nesting season. It is a perfect place bird-watching during the Fall and Spring. Fishing and boating are allowed, but only in some parts of the lake.
More about Dunn Center
Find the joy in planning a D.I.Y. trip by using this awesome Dunn Center trip planner.
Oomph up your visit by adding the best hotels in Dunn Center like Barons Lodge.
Draft the best Dunn Center vacation packages using ideal templates offered by TripHobo. Also explore how to reach Dunn Center on the go!
How to Reach Lake Ilo National Wildlife Refuge
- By taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dunn Center before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dunn Center and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Lake Ilo National Wildlife Refuge Address: ND-200, Dunn Center, ND 58626, USA, United States
- Lake Ilo National Wildlife Refuge Contact Number: +1-7015488110
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!