Flora Macdonald's GraveCurrently Open
- Address: Kilmuir Cemetery, Kilmuir, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Cemetery, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
The grave is the resting place of Flora MacDonald, a brave lady in the history of Kilmuir-Scotland who saved the life of Prince Charles Edward Stuart, a suitor to the throne of England. Above her grave stands a tall cross erected symbolizing her abiding faith in the Christian principles and morals. The grave is an influential part of the Kilmuir antiquity and is evidence of patriotism in the Scots. Situated in open green fields, this grave has beautiful inscriptions on it.
- Offer prayers at the grave.
- Carry some flowers to put on the grave.
- Do try to know about the life of this brave lady from the inhabitants of Kilmuir.
- Not wheelchair and stroller accessible.
The nearest bus stops are:
- At Museum Rd End.
- Opp Museum Rd End.
- Hire a taxi.
- Walk down to the place or reach on a bicycle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kilmuir before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kilmuir and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kilmuir include Flora Macdonald's Grave in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
44.02% of people start their Flora Macdonald's Grave visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Flora Macdonald's Grave
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Flora Macdonald's Grave