Established in the year 1836, Kingscote, Australia is Kangaroo Island's largest town. Back then, it was the first settlement in South Australia. Situated on the shores of the Nepean Bay, the town is the commercial hub of the island.
For a town as small as Kingscote, here are a few statistics- according to the 2011 census, the population of the town is around 2,034 people! Spread across a small area, the town is home to a hospital, a school, a supermarket, a petrol/gas station, office buildings and a post office. But we think your Kingscote travel guide already told you this. What the guide might not tell you is that the entire Kangaroo Island is seven times the size of Singapore! And yet it is vastly uninhabited.
If you want to plan a trip to Kingscote, here’s all the information you will require- from where to eat to what to see to when to visit.
Essential travel information and Kingscote tips for your visit
- Plan your Kingscote travel itinerary well in advance as last minute bookings are not entertained.
- If you intend on renting a car and driving, booking it in advance is highly recommended. There is a limited number available on the island.
- Many local tour operators will guide you and help you out with exploring the offbeat attractions.
- Don't forget to pack a bug repellent.
- Carry an umbrella or raincoat. You don’t want to be caught unawares.
Kingscote Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Kingscote. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Kingscote trip planner.