Fort Henry1117 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kingston, Ontario, ON, Canada
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-6135427388
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Educational Site, Historical Site, Architecture , Fort, Unesco Site
A designated National Historic Site of Canada and recently a UNESCO World Heritage site, Fort Henry is a stunning fort that dates back to 1812, when it was originally built. Presently administered by Parks Canada, the military interpreters conduct presentations and tours of the fort that exhibit British military life. But you could also explore the fort on your own pace. Other activities and demonstrations include historical reenactments of drills and battle tactics, the Garrison Parade, the Victorian School Room, and the Muster Parade, where young visitors are dressed in period uniforms and taught to march by a qualified member of the Guard.
The Sunset Ceremony that is held every Wednesday and Saturday in July and August, is a brilliant show where a full program of historic drill, music and artillery is presented. For some adrenaline and creeps, participate in one of the many ghost walks that are conducted by many tour companies. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kingston itinerary 2 days.
Fort Henry Travel Tips
- The sunset military ceremony is a memorable experience. Do try and catch it if you can.
- Timings vary according to the program schedule of the season.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort Henry
- Premium Passport (all year season pass) Adult $62.95; Senior $49.95; Youth $43.95.
How to Reach Fort Henry
- Bus: 6 Niagara Park Drive (south side) (12)
- Tim Hortons
- Dox Restaurant
- Tir Nan Og
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kingston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kingston and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.63% of people who visit Kingston include Fort Henry in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
70.24% of people start their Fort Henry visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Fort Henry
94.27% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Henry