Are you looking for what to do in Kingston?
WHAT TO SEE
- Fort Henry: A designated National Historic Site of Canada and recently a UNESCO World Heritage site, Fort Henry is a stunning fort that dates back to 1812, when it was originally built. Presently administered by Parks Canada, the military interpreters conduct presentations and tours of the fort that exhibit British military life. The Sunset Ceremony is especially noteworthy. This is the star tourist attraction in Kingston, Ontario.
- Kingston Waterfront: If there’s one thing you decide to do in Kingston, go to the Waterfront pathway that looks out to beautiful blue waters. Surrounded by lively activities and bars and restaurants, the waterfront is a great place for a walk or just to spend an evening with friends and family. Sometimes, you even get to experience live music that adds to the charm of the area.
- Bellevue House National Historic Site: Bellevue House National Historic Site of Canada was the home to Canada's first Prime Minister Sir John Alexander Macdonald. A visit to this 1840’s restored house and gardens takes you back to simpler times. Exhibits in the visitor center commemorate his life and career, and costumed staff presents the daily life of the Macdonald family.
- St. George’s Cathedral: A gorgeous cathedral, dating back to 1825, St George is a magnificent building that has added to the beauty of the city in many ways. The architecture of the church is outstanding with a façade adorned with Corinthian columns.
WHAT TO DO
- Sailing: Kingston is known as one of the most promising freshwater sailing destinations. Sailing, wind-surfing and kite boarding on the pretty Lake Ontario is an incredibly fun thing to do in Kingston.
- Thousand Island Cruise: It takes about 3 hours for this cruise that takes you around the scenic islands surrounding Kingston.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kingston and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kingston getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kingston with confidence.