Events and Festivals in Kingston
Festivals and events
- Bob Marley Week: The birthday week of Jamaica’s favorite son. Celebrated throughout Jamaica but more so in Kingston, the fest lasts from 2nd Feb to 8th Feb. There are several concerts, parties, karaoke events and talks held to commemorate the birthday of Bob Marley. People gather in hoards so celebrate the life of the legendary singer. It is a time of great pomp in the city as Reggae music fills the air and Rastafarians throng popular sites related to the singer. Most events are held at the Bob Marley Museum and the Robert Marley Foundation organizes the entire festival.
- Jamaica Carnival (Bacchanal): Starting in Mid-February and lasting into April, this is one of the biggest events in Kingston, Jamaica. The major activities and events take place during Easter week. A celebration of true Caribbean culture, the fiesta is a series of concerts featuring Reggae artists, Calypso bands and Soca parties all over the city. People parade in an extravagant show of cultural costumes and celebrate their heritage in style. It is one big street party where thousands gather and dance in the streets, participate in various competitions and have a blast in general.
- StyleWeek Jamaica & Fashion Block: Taking place in the last week of May, this event is a 3-day fashion extravaganza in New Kingston. There are several runway shows featuring local designers and those from the United States and Europe. Cocktail parties and seminars littered with the chic crowd of Jamaica’s fashionistas is what the event is all about.
- Kingston on the Edge Urban Art Festival (KOTE): The event is an opportunity for modern artists to showcase their works of art. It is in held in the third week of June, with plays, concerts and art auctions being held throughout the week.
- Caribbean Fashion Week: Another major fashion event in Kingston, Jamaica that features big labels and supermodels from Jamaica and the world, it takes place in mid-June. While some activities take place around the city, most of the events highlights are held in the National Indoor Sports Centre.
- National Dance Theatre Company's Season of Dance : A cultural event that takes place from July through August. Dance shows and concerts are the highlight of the season.
- The National Independence Float Parade and Grand Gala: Every year on August 6th, the streets of Kingston come alive with colorful costumed people, trucks playing music, people parading creative floats and marching bands. It is another example of how enthusiastically the people celebrate their rich culture in this part of the world.
Trip plans for Kingston
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kingston
Kingston Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kingston
Port Royal Heritage Tour from Kingston1 Reviews
Duration: 3 Hrs
Immerse yourself in the history and culture of Port Royal during this 1.5-hour heritage tour from Kingston. Once the busiest ...Book Now
Kingston Highlights Tour From KingstonNew on TripHobo
Duration: 3 Hrs
Wondering what to do in Kingston Jamaica? This half-day tour will allow you to safely experience all that the infamous city o...Book Now
Dunn's River Falls and Fern Gully Highlight Adventure Tour from Kingston1 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs 30 Mins
This unique adventure and highlight tour give you the opportunity to the learn about and visit some of Jamaica's famous landm...Book Now
3-days Jamaica Sightseeing Tour of Ocho Rios and Montego Bay departing from Kingston
Duration: 3 Days
Jamaica Discovery 3-day sightseeing tour from Kingston to Ocho Rios and Montego Bay is all things Jamaican with the full cast...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Montego Bay
- Events & Festivals in Lucea
- Events & Festivals in Negril
- Events & Festivals in Spanish Town
- Events & Festivals in May Pen
- Events & Festivals in Treasure Beach