Are you looking for what to do in Kingston?
PLACES TO SEE
There are numerous places to visit in Kingston, Jamaica. The city has something in store for everyone.
- The Blue Mountains: Hiking up these mountains is one of the most adventurous things to do in Kingston, Jamaica. The views of the city and surrounding forest from the peak are stunning.
- Emancipation Park: A green haven amidst the city, the park has a beautiful sculpture at the entrance and several fountains. When wondering what to do in Kingston, Jamaica, head to the park and relax, jog, read or explore.
- Bob Marley Museum: One of the main attractions in the city, Kingston, Jamaica sightseeing would be incomplete without a visit to the former home of the legendary singer.
- Devon House: Great food and historic setting. One of the most visited tourist places in Kingston, Jamaica.
- Port Royal: The erstwhile capital and pirate base is an interesting site to visit.
- National Gallery of Jamaica: It was established in 1974, is the oldest and largest public art museum on the island.
- Trench Town Culture Yard: The birthplace of reggae and the former home of Bob Marley.
- Hope Botanical Gardens & Hope Zoo: It the largest botanical gardens in the Caribbean.
- Lim Cay: It has one of the most beautiful beaches in Jamaica.
- Fort Charles: The only fort in Port Royal That survived the 1692 earthquake.
- Liberty Hall: Multi-media museum dedicated to the Jamaican national hero Marcus Garvey.
- National Heroes Park: Graves and monuments dedicated to several heroes of the Jamaican freedom movement & several former Prime Ministers.
- The Little Theatre: Stages performance by several local dancers, singers and theatre groups.
- Sunshine Amusement Complex (formerly Putt N Play Amusement Park): A mini amusement park in New Kingston for a fun family outing.
THINGS TO DO
- Boon Hall Oasis: A true oasis near Stony Hill. Packed with people for Sunday brunch buffet. A must visit for Caribbean fare.
- Patrice’s Restaurant: You wont find a fine ambience in this non-descript eatery, but do visit for food that is rumored to be the best home-style Caribbean food in Jamaica.
- Devon House I-Scream: Serving up rich creamy scoops of exotic flavors, the ice cream at Devon House is definitely a must try.
- Quad: One of the most basic Kingston, Jamaica nightlife tips would be to put this superclub on the top of your list of party destinations. It has four levels, each catering to a different set of partygoers and their varied tastes in music and fun!
- Club Privilege: One of Kingston’s exclusive night clubs, Privilige has a large dance floor and serves an extensive menu of high-end alcohol brands.
- Cuddy’z Sports Bar & Restaurant: The ideal place to watch sporting event, this is Kingston’s best sports bar.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kingston and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kingston getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kingston with confidence.