The Borderland MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Forstevannslia, N-9900 Kirkenes, Norway
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +47-78994880
- Ticket Price: 50 NOK
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
The Borderland Museum also known as Grenselandmuseet is closely located with the Savio museum. The museum depicts the history of Sor Varanger Community and tells about their past and present conditions. Moreover, the borderland museum houses exhibitions on WWII in "The Borderland", Sami culture, mining at AS Sydvaranger, the art of Kaare Espolin Johnsson and several exhibitions on the nature, culture and history of Sor-Varanger. Posters, souvenirs’, art from Kaare Espolin Johnson's han and handicrafts can be purchased at the museum. The museum focuses on Norwegian, Finnish and Russian immigration. It also gives out information about the political and cultural colonization of local inhabitant second world war and how the mining company was established. If history gets you curious and inquisitive, the Borderland Museum is a much recommended attraction for you.
- The museum closes earlier during winters.
- The Savio museum is a neighbor to the borderland museum.
- Reduced: NOK 40
- Children below 16 years: Free.
- Winter: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Summer: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Recommended time to visit: Summer- 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Rica Arctic Restaurant
- Surf & Turf Restaurant AS
- Thon Hotel Kirkenes Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kirkenes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kirkenes and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kirkenes include The Borderland Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
73.63% of people start their The Borderland Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Borderland Museum
76.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Borderland Museum