The Frontier MuseumCurrently Open
- Address: Forstevannslia, N-9900 Kirkenes, Norway Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 40 NOK
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
The Frontier Museum located in Kirkenes is quite close to the Borderland museum and the Savio museum. Located in the main building of the Sor-Varanger Museum, the frontier museum hosts exhibitions that relate to nature, culture and history pertaining to the frontier regions between Norway, Russia and Finland. The frontier museum also gives out information about many other museum departments around the town. The museum is quite an interesting and informative attraction and is a must visit for history lovers especially.
The Frontier Museum Travel Tips
- The museum closes earlier during winters.
- The Savio museum and borderland museum are nearby attractions.
The Frontier Museum Hours
- Best time to visit in Summer: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Rica Arctic Restaurant
- Surf & Turf Restaurant AS
- Thon Hotel Kirkenes Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kirkenes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kirkenes and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Frontier Museum Address: Forstevannslia, N-9900 Kirkenes, Norway
- The Frontier Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- The Frontier Museum Price: 40 NOK
- Time required to visit The Frontier Museum: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.98% of people who visit Kirkenes include The Frontier Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
59.26% of people start their The Frontier Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Frontier Museum
85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Frontier Museum
People normally club together The Borderland Museum and Kirkenes Snow Hotel while planning their visit to The Frontier Museum.