Are you looking for what to do in Kirkenes?
PLACES TO SEE
The City of Kirkenes is pretty different from those other cities when it comes to attractions or food. Tourism in Norway is on a different level altogether. The exciting and informative tours give tourists a better insight of the city. Undoubtedly the tours make for entertaining and adventurous experiences. The city also has museums, nature reserves, monuments, etc. that are worth visiting at least once.The city of Kirkenes is more lively with ample of activities to enjoy during the extended cold season. As the climate is cold and the temperature drops below 0C, the snow makes for plenty of attractive adventures and sightseeing that would keep you coming back for more. A few of these attractions include
- Crab Tours: Kirkenes is known for the delicious king crabs they serve. However, it does not stop there. The city has tours that allow tourists and locals to travel to the place where they catch crabs. Through the tour one can select their king crab and have it cooked and eaten fresh. These tours are completely worth it and must be given a try atleast once. a few crab tours to select from are; Barents Safari tour, Barents safari boat tour, King Crab Excursion, etc.
- The Husky tour: The husky tour is a fun tour where you are taken around by huskies (dogs). The dogs are very friendly and tend to change the atmosphere with the excitement they show.
- Kirkenes Snow Hotel: The beauty of this hotel is that it is made of snow. This is sure to be an experience out of the world. The temperature of the hotel is about -5 degree C. However, you can hire chalets if you don’t want to sleep on the ice bed. The hotel also arranges crab tours.
- Museums and Caves: Kirkenes has a couple of museums that depict the culture and the history of the city beautifully. It also has a cave that came into existence during the Second World War.
- Treriksroysa: This is a lovely experience of being a step away from entering Russia while enjoying your pleasant walk around the mountain with a little trek.
- Pasvik Nature Reserve: A lovely place to sit back and relax by the Pasvik River and enjoy some fishing. You can also take a river cruise and watch closely the ducks, swans, geese, etc.You may also get a glimpse of the wildlife in the area.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kirkenes and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kirkenes getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kirkenes with confidence.