Kirtlington Quarry1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: Kirtlington, Kidlington OX5 3HP, UK, United Kingdom Map
- Tags: Trail, Family And Kids, Nature
To spend a day letting your imagination go wild while your kids can explore the nooks and corners of the forested region, Kirtlington Quarry can be a great choice. It was once an active quarry area but now due to its abandonment and the rich resources, it is designated as a nature reserve. The Jurassic Limestone formation of the quarry attracts a number of geologists here to explore the hidden resources. You can also gain the permission and take a tour down the Kirtlington Quarry to check out the underground fossils. You will traverse through overgrown grass, shrubbery, and weeds. The canopy of the tall trees and the narrow trails through them are enjoyable. The canal running through the place also favours varied ecology and natural habitats of a plethora of fauna.
How to Reach Kirtlington Quarry
- Bus 25A to stop –Kirtlington Park
- Kirtlington Quarry Address: Kirtlington, Kidlington OX5 3HP, UK, United Kingdom
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!