Bergbaumuseum KlagenfurtCurrently Closed
This intriguing museum found quite an exciting home. It’s set within a five hundred metre tunnel that used to be an air raid bomb shelter during WWII. Today though, it’s where you delve into the history of mining in Carinthia. The museum is divided into three sections:
- The Montan Duchy – Photos, document and exhibits related to cultural mining.
- Mineralogy: Examples of the typed of minerals mined from the Carinthian region – there are over 300 types.
- Palaeontology: Fossilised remains of plants and animals found around here, exploring 500 million years of geological history.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt
- EUR 5 for groups of 10 people, pensioners, Carinthia Card.
- Free for kids and students.
How to Reach Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt
- Bus 5230 stop Klagenfurt Bezirksgericht
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Klagenfurt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Klagenfurt and book an accommodation of your choice.
37.55% of people who visit Klagenfurt include Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
61.29% of people start their Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt
Bergbaumuseum Klagenfurt Reviews & Ratings
Waren schon des Öfteren im Rahmen der Langen Nacht der Museen hier. Immer wieder ein tolles, sehr interessantes Erlebnis!
ein spasa mit hohem lernfaktor fuer die ganze familie.