How to Reach Klagenfurt - The Easiest Way to Reach Klagenfurt
HOW TO GET TO KLAGENFURT
- By Air: Flughafen Klagenfurt is an international airport that receives flights from London, Berlin, Bonn, Munich, Hamburg, Hannover, Dusseldorf and Vienna. There are airports in other cities though, such as Graz, Salzburg, Vienna.
- By Train: Klagenfurt is well connected by train to major Austrian cities. Two hourly trains to Vienna, Salzburg, Graz. Western destinations mostly go through Villach.
- By Boat: You can get onto a boat cruise a few hundred metres north of Strandbad.
- By Car: The A2 motorway has 4 exits to Klagenfurt: Klagenfurt West, Klagenfurt Nord, Klagenfurt Ost and Klagenfurt Airport. The B91 connects the city to Slovenia.
- By Bus: Two hourly buses to Graz; 5 hourly buses to Villach in Venice.
HOW TO GET AROUND KLAGENFURT
- By Bus: The main bus stop is in the centre of the city at Heiligengeistplatz. The bus network is quite extensive; look up the town’s online bus travel guide.
- By Foot: Most of the attractions in town are within walking distance of each other.
- By Cycle: The best way to go around the lake Wothersee to the west is by Cycle.
Are you looking for a Klagenfurt travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Klagenfurt
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Klagenfurt. The most preferred mode of transport in Klagenfurt is Walking.
Average distance: 5.95 km Average time: 19.64 min
Walking 36.36%Walking 24.5 min Driving 3 min Overall average time for 2.5 kms 27.5 min
Car 27.27%Driving 9.33 min Walking 0.33 min Overall average time for 8.5 kms 9.67 min
Bus/Trolleybus 27.27%Bus 14.67 min Walking 3.33 min Waiting 2.67 min Overall average time for 8.67 kms 20.67 min
Bike 9.09%Bike 15 min Overall average time for 4 kms 15 min
- How to reach Vienna
- How to reach Hallstatt
- How to reach Linz
- How to reach Bregenz
- How to reach Salzburg
- How to reach Graz