This is Klagenfurt’s ‘backyard mountain’. It’s a hill that rises about 571 metres above sea level and is criss-crossed with innumerable hiking trails. You’ll come across some picturesque small ponds, pretty woodland, and meadows. Get a map of the hill off the Internet or from the local tourist office and check out the following highlights:
- The Kreuzbergl Church – An 18th century Baroque construct with two onion-topped towers.
- The Observatory Tower – Come at night for the moon, stars, planets and galaxies. Come at day for the great views of the city. Park at the Botanical Garden.
- Klagenfurt Mining Museum: Mining, mineralogy, geology and paleontology
- The Carthinian Botanical Garden
The ponds are frozen in winter, which means many people take to the ice to skate.
Kreuzbergl Travel Tips
- You can find a detailed hiking map on the Visit Klagenfurt tourist website.
- There are a number of restaurants around the area.
- October to March from 7:00 pm.
- April to September from 8:00 pm.
- May to August from 9:00 pm.
- April – October : 9:00 am - 6:00 pm; Closed on Fridays.
- Closed November - March
How to Reach Kreuzbergl
- You’ll have to walk up to the hill, or you can drive.
- Bus 5230 stop Klagenfurt Bezirksgericht Austria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Klagenfurt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Klagenfurt and book an accommodation of your choice.
43.63% of people who visit Klagenfurt include Kreuzbergl in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
24.19% of people start their Kreuzbergl visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Kreuzbergl
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kreuzbergl