Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid392 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pfarrhofgasse 4, 9020 Klagenfurt am Worthersee, Austria
- Timings: 10:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-463511308
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Though somewhat plain on the outside, the church has an interior that’s really worth checking out. It’s one of the oldest Roman Catholic Churches in town. There used to be an older church here from the 13th century, but earthquakes and fires razed it down. The current church was built the early years of the 18th century. The highlights are:
- The Baroque onion dome (you can climb it during a guided tour for panoramas over the city)
- The four elaborate side chapels.
- The 18th century baroque pulpit that’s considered to the most beautiful in the region.
Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: Guided tours at 10:00 am, 11:00 am, 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm by appointment.
- On the other days of the week, only service allowed.
How to Reach Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid
- Bus lines 40, 41 or 42 until Heuplatz
- You can walk to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Klagenfurt before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Klagenfurt and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Klagenfurt include Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
53.39% of people start their Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid
91.61% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stadtpfarrkirche St. Egid