The East Tennessee History Center breathes the city’s past into its modern day and you can see everything from pottery, art, textiles, and Civil War items among other historic pieces. The museum is home to over 13,000 items which forms its Permanent collection.
Other trending collections include fine-art prices, paintings and historic stories that showcase the art-life and culture of Tennessee.
- Permanent collection
- Travelling exhibits
- Interactive audio-video exhibits
East Tennessee History Center Travel Tips
- Other Contact Number: +1 865-215-8830
Entrance Ticket Details For East Tennessee History Center
Admission to the museums
- For Adults: USD 5.00
- For Seniors: USD 4.00
- FREE for children 16 and under.
- Admission is FREE each Sunday.
East Tennessee History Center Hours
Museum of East Tennessee History
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday : 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Calvin M. McClung Historical Collection
- Monday - Tuesday: 9:00 am - 8:30 pm
- Wednesday - Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Knox County Archives
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
How to Reach East Tennessee History Center
- Bus: Knoxville Station
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Knoxville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Knoxville and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.1% of people who visit Knoxville include East Tennessee History Center in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
36.17% of people start their East Tennessee History Center visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see East Tennessee History Center
84.09% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting East Tennessee History Center