About Sunsphere, Knoxville
Sunsphere, Knoxville - Address, Phone Number
Address: 810 Clinch Ave, Knoxville, TN 37902, United States
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
Added 3K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Tower, Observation Deck
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Sun-sphere Tower was built in 1982 for the World Fair which played an important role in balancing the economy of Knoxville.
The Sun-sphere’s classic golden design (and its 300 foot height) is hard to miss in the park and a ride to the observation deck offers you a panoramic view of the neighborhood. The tower tops the list of ‘free things to do in Knoxville’.
- The view from the deck
- A walk around the World Fair park
Sunsphere Ticket Prices
- Admission to the deck is free.
Sunsphere Opening and Closing Hours
- Park Hours: 6.00 am to 12.00 am
Observation Deck Hours:
- April through October: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
- November through March: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Hours of observation are subject to change.
How To reach Sunsphere by Public Transport
- Bus: Knoxville station
- Trolley Bus/ Tram: KAT Trolley Bus Stop
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Knoxville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Knoxville and book an accommodation of your choice.
Sunsphere, Knoxville Reviews - Write a Review
A very nice place to have a look at city from top. The entry to observatory deck was free. The place was not too crowdy, so we enjoyed our time there.
Unique experience. Neat to see the skyline. Worth the trip. Hard to find parking.
We loved it!!! Reasonable prices, nice place for a date or share a drink with friends. Staff was excellent. Wonderful view. We will definitely visit again.
Beautiful view of Knoxville and vicinity from the top and a nice elevator ride up. It gets better every year I go when I visit my friend Sam. Last visit was back in September 2015. Great scenery!
What a neat place! It's so cool that you can go inside the sunsphere, and the view is amazing.
- Nearby Attractions
- St. John's Lutheran Church
- Old Smoky Railway Museum
- Civil War Gateway
- Fort Dickerson Park
- Central United Methodist Church
- Victor Ashe Park
- Four Seasons Vintage Treasures
- L & N Station
- Forks Of The River Wildlife Management Area
- Nostalgia On Mccalla
- Knoxville Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Knoxville
- What to See in 48 Hours in Knoxville
- What to See in 72 Hours in Knoxville
- How to Spend 5 Days in Knoxville
- How to Spend 6 Days in Knoxville
- How to Spend 7 Days in Knoxville