Sunsphere447 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 810 Clinch Ave, Knoxville, TN 37902, United States
- Timings: 09:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8652516860
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Tower, Observation Deck
The Sun-sphere Tower was built in 1982 for the World Fair which played an important role in balancing the economy of Knoxville.
The Sun-sphere’s classic golden design (and its 300 foot height) is hard to miss in the park and a ride to the observation deck offers you a panoramic view of the neighborhood. The tower tops the list of ‘free things to do in Knoxville’.
- The view from the deck
- A walk around the World Fair park
Entrance Ticket Details For Sunsphere
- Admission to the deck is free.
- Park Hours: 6.00 am to 12.00 am
Observation Deck Hours:
- April through October: 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
- November through March: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Hours of observation are subject to change.
How to Reach Sunsphere
- Bus: Knoxville station
- Trolley Bus/ Tram: KAT Trolley Bus Stop
- By Taxi
- By Bicycle
- By Walking
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Knoxville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Knoxville and book an accommodation of your choice.
62.08% of people who visit Knoxville include Sunsphere in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
36.71% of people start their Sunsphere visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sunsphere
93.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sunsphere