Knysna Tourism, South Africa
Visit Knysna - Best of Knysna
Known as the pearl on the Garden route of South Africa, Knysna is a place ideal for a quick vacation or a weekend getaway. Knysna holidays leave with a refreshed mind and pleasant memories. This beach town offers great deal of entertainment and the happening events and festivals make Knysna vacation a must-do. Plan a trip to Knysna and know why!
Knysna Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Knysna tips for your visit
- Knysna Time Zone: SAST ( South Africa Standard Time) : UTC/GMT +2 hours
- Currency- Currency used in Knysna is South African rand.
- Electricity- South African electricity supply is 220/230 volts AC 50 HZ. Most plugs are 15 amp 3-prong or 5 amp 2-prong, with round pins.
- Internet- 3G and 4G Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages- There are eleven official languages of South Africa: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, NorthernSotho, Sotho, Swazi, Tsonga, Tswana,Venda, Xhosa and Zulu. English is the most common language used in Knysna.
- Security- Knysna Police: 044 3026600, Ambulance: 10177, Tourist Victim Support: 044 8782139
- Tipping- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Shop around for the best deals online especially out of season when accommodation and activity rates are substantially reduced. Keep in mind however that during the Oyster Festival (end of June into early July) most places charge high season rates.
- Select accommodation situated on the hill above the town or at the Knysna heads. It is more peaceful and secluded, the views are to die for and you’ll find a varied choice of lodgings including comfortable yet rustic log cabins ideally suited to the forest, ocean and lagoon ambience.
Are you looking for a Knysna travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Travel to Knysna- Know before you go to Knysna
Facts and Stats for Knysna*
Knysna: Crime and Safety
How safe is Knysna for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Knysna.
Burglary and Theft 62.5 (High)
Mugging and Robbery 75 (High)
Assault and Armed Robbery 50 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 62.5 (High)
Robbery of Car belongings 50 (Moderate)
Attacks 50 (Moderate)
Drug offense 87.5 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during daylight 50 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during night 12.5 (Very Low)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 25 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 37.5 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 37.5 (Low)
Living in Knysna - Quality of Life
Safety Index 46.88 (Moderate)
Climate Index 97.55 (Very High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 40 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 47.44 (Low)
Health Care Index 83.33 (Very High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 5.59 (Low)
Purchasing Power Index 59.8 (Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Knysna
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Knysna
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.19 USD
International Movie per seat 5.04 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 37.02 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 85.29 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 60.8 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Knysna Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Knysna
Knysna Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Knysna
Save 20%SOUTH AFRICAN SAFARI - 10 NIGHTS
Duration: 10 Days
South Africa is home to some of the most beautiful holidaying destinations in the world.Enjoy the beautiful Cape Town where y...
- Molen Drift Tourism
- Krakeel River Tourism
- Mossel Bay Tourism
- Oudtshoorn Tourism
- Kareedouw Tourism
- Bergwater Tourism
- Plathuis Tourism
- Port Elizabeth Tourism
- Central Karoo Dc Tourism
- Main Road Tourism
- Adendorp Tourism
- Buyskloof Tourism
- Cape Town Tourism
- Kruger National Park Tourism
- Johannesburg Tourism
- Pilanesberg National Park Tourism
- Pietermaritzburg Tourism
- Hoedspruit Tourism
- Sun City Tourism
- Stellenbosch Tourism
- Nelspruit Tourism