Known as the pearl on the Garden route of South Africa, Knysna is a place ideal for a quick vacation or a weekend getaway. Knysna holidays leave with a refreshed mind and pleasant memories. This beach town offers great deal of entertainment and the happening events and festivals make Knysna vacation a must-do. Plan a trip to Knysna and know why!
Essential travel information and Knysna tips for your visit
- Knysna Time Zone: SAST ( South Africa Standard Time) : UTC/GMT +2 hours
- Currency- Currency used in Knysna is South African rand.
- Electricity- South African electricity supply is 220/230 volts AC 50 HZ. Most plugs are 15 amp 3-prong or 5 amp 2-prong, with round pins.
- Internet- 3G and 4G Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages- There are eleven official languages of South Africa: Afrikaans, English, Ndebele, NorthernSotho, Sotho, Swazi, Tsonga, Tswana,Venda, Xhosa and Zulu. English is the most common language used in Knysna.
- Security- Knysna Police: 044 3026600, Ambulance: 10177, Tourist Victim Support: 044 8782139
- Tipping- Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Shop around for the best deals online especially out of season when accommodation and activity rates are substantially reduced. Keep in mind however that during the Oyster Festival (end of June into early July) most places charge high season rates.
- Select accommodation situated on the hill above the town or at the Knysna heads. It is more peaceful and secluded, the views are to die for and you’ll find a varied choice of lodgings including comfortable yet rustic log cabins ideally suited to the forest, ocean and lagoon ambience.
Knysna Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for Knysna. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using Knysna trip planner.