How to Reach Knysna
- By Air: There is no individual Knysna airport and the nearest domestic airport is George airport. For international travelers, Cape Town airport is the nearest.
- By Bus: All the major bus companies serve frequent buses to Knysna on the route of Cape Town to Port Elizabeth.
- By Car: You can rent a car or book a taxi and reach Knysna by road. It is well-connected by roads to Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.
- On Foot: This is the best way to get around Knysna and the town can be explored on foot except for major distances.
- By Bicycle: Renting a Bicycle and riding around the town is also another great option, especially for longer distances. This is the best Knysna transportation.
- By Minibus: This is the only public transport available in Knysna and not recommended by the Knysna tour guide given the major traffic problem in the town.
- By Taxi: Only if you are too lazy to walk around, the traffic makes moving around in Taxi an uncomfortable experience. Though it is suitable for visiting the places slightly out of town.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Knysna. The most preferred mode of transport in Knysna is Car.
Average distance: 30 km Average time: 40 min
Car 100%Driving 40 min Overall average time for 30 kms 40 min
|Wilderness to Knysna||52.58 km||52 mins|
|Mossel bay to Knysna||107.96 km||1 hour 47 mins|
|Uitenhage to Knysna||262.97 km||4 hours 22 mins|
|Port elizabeth to Knysna||277.03 km||4 hours 37 mins|
|Worcester to Knysna||402.43 km||6 hours 42 mins|
|Hermanus to Knysna||423.64 km||7 hours 3 mins|
|Stellenbosch to Knysna||465.36 km||7 hours 45 mins|
|Cape town to Knysna||513.84 km||8 hours 33 mins|
|East london to Knysna||550.27 km||9 hours 10 mins|
|Mthatha to Knysna||681.6 km||11 hours 21 mins|