A pebbly path way built by Thomas Bain in 19th century runs between Knysna/Plettenbergbay and Avontuur/Uniondale. A scenic route with winding and narrow path adorned with pretty flora is a great activity in Knysna.
Activities like Bird watching, fishing, mountain bike riding and golf are available.
Prince Alfred Pass Travel Tips
- No mobile reception available on the pass
- Banks, ATM, petrol stations are not available en-route
- Accommodation is available
- Guided tours and groups are available
- Always drive at a safe speed, remember it is a gravel road so travel slowly
- Descending traffic stops for upcoming
- Hoot on sharp bends
- No caravans or quad bikes allowed on the pass
- Look out for dust from approaching traffic
Entrance Ticket Details For Prince Alfred Pass
- The charges of the guided tours, car rentals, accommodation and activities are variable
How to Reach Prince Alfred Pass
- Rented car, 4*4 jeep
- Cracklin Rosy
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Knysna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Knysna and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.52% of people who visit Knysna include Prince Alfred Pass in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
51.85% of people start their Prince Alfred Pass visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Prince Alfred Pass
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Prince Alfred Pass