Khao RaCurrently Open
- Address: Ko Phangan Subdistrict, Ko Phangan, Thailand., Ko Pha Ngan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, View Point, Hiking Trail, Family And Kids, Peak
Khao Ra - Review
Ra Mountain is the highest mountain peak on ko pha Ngan which offers mesmerizing views of the island. If you wish to reach its summit, you will need to hike up its trail which runs over the island’s crest from Ban Tai to Thong Nai Pan Beach on the island’s northeastern side. The trail is quite steep and can be difficult to follow at places, thus you are advised to take advantage of the guide service available at the start of the trek.
Khao Ra Information
- A two-hour tracking means you’ll need to take lots of water.
- Wear comfortable shoes such as trainers or hiking boots.
- Don’t go alone, and advise someone of where you’re going and when you expect to be back.
Khao Ra Ticket Prices
- The service for the guide costs around 500 Baht per trip.
How To reach Khao Ra by Public Transport
- Trekking from ko pha Ngan(3 hours).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Pha Ngan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Pha Ngan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Khao Ra
95% of people who visit Ko Pha Ngan include Khao Ra in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
28.56% of people start their Khao Ra visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Khao Ra
81.2% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Khao Ra
Khao Ra Map
Khao Ra Trips
Khao Ra, Ko Pha Ngan Reviews
After a nearly 2h hike you can enjoy amazing views over Chaloklum and Than Sadet. Best to go early morning, before it gets too hot. Prepare enough drinking water! On the way down, you can enjoy a nice fresh dip in the pool of the waterfall.
Nice jungle trek. However the starting point is quite hard to find, you need to look for the "Khao Ra point of view." It's located near an hotel. It takes approximately 2h to.go.up and maybe 1.5h to go down. The view is amazing. The trek is not that hard, you never have to use your hands.
- Great Location & View - Amazing People on the way...all locals!! - Nice Environment However.....[see pics attached or Check my profile for more details about this place -videos&more-]
Was just exploring the region, when I saw the board "Khao Ra viewpoint 2km" thought why not. Nice workout.... Finally, I think after 1 1/2 hours and about 600m higher I arrived quite exhausted at the beautiful viewpoint. Luckily nice Canadian people offered me some drinking-water (started without) The view and also the walk through partly untouched jungle is worth the walk; but be aware, it's much longer than 2km (my guess 4 to 5km)....
Good treck, very nice view. I recomend it