Wat Phu Khao Noi
- Address: Ko Pha-ngan District, Surat Thani, Thailand. , Ko Pha Ngan
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Hill
Wat Phu Khao Noi - Review
Also known as the temple of the small mountain, Wat Phu Khao Noi is the oldest temple on the island. Founded around 1400 by Buddha monks who also discovered ko pha Ngan, the temple was set up as a tranquil place for practicing spirituality. Since the temple is located amidst the hills, it offers some of the most spectacular views of ko pha Ngan. This temple is also one of those places where you can see monks as they are in their daily life. It has an awe inspiring sublime white structure. Further, the temple has been beautified with carefully positioned upside down ceramic bowls, a design which you cannot see anywhere else on this island.
Wat Phu Khao Noi Information
- Respect the Buddha statue – Never climb, touch or sit near a Buddha. Get permission before taking photos and never take photos during worship.
- Show respect – Speak quietly and appropriately, don’t smoke, don’t chew gum, and turn your mobile off.
- Don’t point with your finger at anything or sit with your feet facing a person or Buddha, this is considered extremely rude. Stand up if you are already sitting when monks enter the room. Allow them to acknowledge you before you sit again.
Wat Phu Khao Noi Opening and Closing Hours
- Best time to visit the temple is before noon as you shall be able to see the monks as well.
How To reach Wat Phu Khao Noi by Public Transport
- Situated not far from Wat Ampawa, follow the small road up a gentle slope that will lead you to Wat Phu Khao Noi ko pha Ngan.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Pha Ngan before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Pha Ngan and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Wat Phu Khao Noi
95% of people who visit Ko Pha Ngan include Wat Phu Khao Noi in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
29.48% of people start their Wat Phu Khao Noi visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Wat Phu Khao Noi
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Phu Khao Noi
Wat Phu Khao Noi Map
Wat Phu Khao Noi Trips
Wat Phu Khao Noi, Ko Pha Ngan Reviews
Very quiet historical wat definitely worth a visit
there is nothing inside.. and very hard
Feeling peaceful :)
Un étrange petit temple isolé, loin de la route, où les poules montent dans les arbres. Attaques de moustiques assurées.