Events and Festivals in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Chinese New Year: The most vibrant event, the Chinese New Year is celebrated with firecrackers and the parade of lion dancers. Celebrated in February, the festival is characterized for its Dragon parades.
- Songkran: Held from 13th to 15th April each year, Thailand celebrates Songkran, the Luna New Year. It is celebrated with Buddha images being bathed with water.
- Visakha Bucha: Held in the month of May, the festival is observed by night-time processions of worshipers who roam around almost every temple in the kingdom, celebrating the birth, enlightenment and passing of Lord Buddha.
- The Setting Adrift of the Chao Le Boats: The festival is celebrated in Ko Lanta during the full moon night of the sixth and eleventh lunar months. Performed by Sea Gypsies as a part of religious rites, the festival is celebrated to bring prosperity and happiness to the participants.
- Asanha Puja: Every year in the month of July, Thai Buddhists celebrate Buddhist ‘lent’, the full moon festival.
- Loi Kratong: Held in November, this festival is celebrated by immersing a small lotus-shaped raft of banana leaves filled with flowers, a candle, a snip of your nail, a piece of your hair and a few coins in the ocean or down a waterway to bring in good luck.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ko Phi Phi Don
543 Views2 Days 1 Night2 Days of Your Vacation in Ko Phi Phi Don that You will Never Forget
601 Views3 Days 2 NightsIts Treat to Eyes if You Plan Your 3 Days Tour to Ko Phi Phi Don
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ko Phi Phi Don
Save 7%Phi Phi Island by Premium Speedboat including Buffet Lunch6 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Escape from the hustle and bustle busy city and join our day trip to Phi Phi Island by speedboat. Visit various amazing viewp...
Save 4%Phi Phi Highlights and Sunset Cruise on the Wooden Sailing BoatNew on TripHobo
Duration: 11 Hrs
Experience the highlights of the Phi Phi Islands including the world's famous May Bay aboard the Indonesian Pinisi Boat, The ...