Events and Festivals in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Chinese New Year: The most vibrant event, the Chinese New Year is celebrated with firecrackers and the parade of lion dancers. Celebrated in February, the festival is characterized for its Dragon parades.
- Songkran: Held from 13th to 15th April each year, Thailand celebrates Songkran, the Luna New Year. It is celebrated with Buddha images being bathed with water.
- Visakha Bucha: Held in the month of May, the festival is observed by night-time processions of worshipers who roam around almost every temple in the kingdom, celebrating the birth, enlightenment and passing of Lord Buddha.
- The Setting Adrift of the Chao Le Boats: The festival is celebrated in Ko Lanta during the full moon night of the sixth and eleventh lunar months. Performed by Sea Gypsies as a part of religious rites, the festival is celebrated to bring prosperity and happiness to the participants.
- Asanha Puja: Every year in the month of July, Thai Buddhists celebrate Buddhist ‘lent’, the full moon festival.
- Loi Kratong: Held in November, this festival is celebrated by immersing a small lotus-shaped raft of banana leaves filled with flowers, a candle, a snip of your nail, a piece of your hair and a few coins in the ocean or down a waterway to bring in good luck.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Ko Phi Phi Don
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ko Phi Phi Don
Save 5%Phi Phi Island Speed Boat Tour by Sea Eagle from Krabi48 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs 30 MinsBook Now
Save 5%Early Riser or Morning Phi Phi Island Snorkeling small group Tour24 Reviews
Duration: 10 HrsBook Now
Save 5%Phi Phi Deluxe Island-Hopping Tour by Speedboat from Phuket55 Reviews
Duration: 9 HrsBook Now
Save 8%Krabi to Phi Phi Islands by Speedboat38 Reviews
Duration: 8 HrsBook Now