How to Reach Ko Phi Phi Don
HOW TO GET TO KO PHI PHI DON
- By Air: The nearest airport to Phi Phi Don is Krabi International Airport (KBV) which is around 15 km from the city centre. Thai Airways operate daily direct flights to/from Bangkok, Air Asia from Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.
- By Boat: Tonsai Pier is situated in the center of Tonsai Bay, north of Phi Phi Don. This is the island's main pier from where one can commute to/from: Phuket, Ao Nang, Rai Leh, Krabi Town & Ko Lanta.
- By Car: Highway 4 links Phi Phi Islands to Bangkok. If you are coming from Phuket, then you will have to proceed along Hwy 402 and Hwy 4.
HOW TO GET AROUND KO PHI PHI DON
- Since Phi Phi has no motorized transport, you can explore the city only by foot or bicycle. You can take Long-tail taxi-boats from Tonsai Bay or Phi Phi Don in order to go from one beach to another. You can also do a lot of negotiation for longtail boats according to where you want to go and the duration of your visit.
- You can also hire wheelbarrows if you want to transport your luggage.