Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi Don
About Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi Don
Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi Don - Address
Address: On Phi Phi Ley, Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 54.1K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Beach, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Water Sport
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Surrounded by 100-meter high cliffs on three sides, Maya Bay attracts the visitors with its enchanting beauty and pristine waters. As you enter the area, there are several beaches that shall preoccupy your visit. Most of these beaches are small and exist on low tide. Maya Bay has earned an international reputation as it became the backdrop of the movie The Beach in 1999. The main beach is 200 meters long with land area constituting of white sand. Its underwater mesmerizes with colorful coral and exotic fish gleaming through clear water.
This bay is exceptional for offering water and other activities such as:
- Sea kayaking
- You can try out the brief jungle trail that goes through to the short-cut entrance.
Maya Bay Information
- There is a little shack on the beach which sells drinks and snacks.
- People who camp here must bring their own food.
- Fires are not allowed.
- The best time to visit Maya Bay is between November and April during the high season when seas are calm and access to the bay is easy.
- Try to visit Maya Bay early in the morning to avoid crowds.
Maya Bay Ticket Prices
- If you opt for a guided tour, the cost to enter the national park will be included in it.
How To reach Maya Bay by Public Transport
- You can rent a long tail from Phi Phi Don or opt for shared speed boats to reach Maya Bay.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Phi Phi Don and book an accommodation of your choice.
Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi Don Reviews - Write a Review
Awesome place with nice picturesque. This is the identity of Phi Phi.. You can swim snorkel and roam around in the beach. Free toilet facilities is also available in the beach. Mainly all the day trip speed boats serve food over this beach. Its worth making a visit to this beach and if you visit phuket Krabi or Phi Phi.. Make sure you never miss to visit this beautiful beach.
Nice small beach. Went part of a tour so it gets crowded easily. But the walk between the beach was adorable.
The sand here on the beach, is heavenly. But this gets too crowded. Too many people to have fun. Get in before 9 or you might skip it.
My girlfriend and I rented a private boat and a driver for 6 hours on a sunny day, starting from 7:30am. There weren't that many people, but we had a choice of landing on Maya Bay beach (which costs 400 baht per person) or just docking nearby and snorkel near the beach. We just snorkeled near the beach because the Maya bay entrance fee seems quite expensive. The water is very clear and the landscape entering Maya Bay is beautiful as ever!
Absolutely stunning location. But there are thousands of people and hundreds of boats at any one time. Trash is everywhere. By the state of things, the 400 baht fee isn't going anywhere near the beach.
- Nearby Attractions
- Phi Phi Island Cabana
- Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island
- Ko Phi Phi Don Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Ko Phi Phi Don
- What to See in 48 Hours in Ko Phi Phi Don
- What to See in 72 Hours in Ko Phi Phi Don
- How to Spend 5 Days in Ko Phi Phi Don
- How to Spend 6 Days in Ko Phi Phi Don
- How to Spend 7 Days in Ko Phi Phi Don