Surrounded by 100-meter high cliffs on three sides, Maya Bay attracts the visitors with its enchanting beauty and pristine waters. As you enter the area, there are several beaches that shall preoccupy your visit. Most of these beaches are small and exist on low tide. Maya Bay has earned an international reputation as it became the backdrop of the movie The Beach in 1999. The main beach is 200 meters long with land area constituting of white sand. Its underwater mesmerizes with colorful coral and exotic fish gleaming through clear water.
This bay is exceptional for offering water and other activities such as:
- Sea kayaking
- You can try out the brief jungle trail that goes through to the short-cut entrance.
Maya Bay Travel Tips
- There is a little shack on the beach which sells drinks and snacks.
- People who camp here must bring their own food.
- Fires are not allowed.
- The best time to visit Maya Bay is between November and April during the high season when seas are calm and access to the bay is easy.
- Try to visit Maya Bay early in the morning to avoid crowds.
Entrance Ticket Details For Maya Bay
- If you opt for a guided tour, the cost to enter the national park will be included in it.
How to Reach Maya Bay
- You can rent a long tail from Phi Phi Don or opt for shared speed boats to reach Maya Bay.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ko Phi Phi Don before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Phi Phi Don and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ko Phi Phi Don include Maya Bay in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
49.38% of people start their Maya Bay visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Maya Bay
73.18% of people prefer walking in order to reach Maya Bay