Are you looking for what to do in Ko Phi Phi Don?
WHAT TO SEE
- Phi Phi viewpoint: Climb up to one of the highest points in Phi Phi Don to enjoy the unusual shape of the island which is structured like ‘H’. The viewpoint offers beautiful views of Dalum Bay and Tonsai Bay, divided by a 100 m flat strip of land.
- Maya Bay: Surrounded by high cliffs on all the three sides, this bay has several beaches. Famously known for providing as a backdrop of movie The Beach, it has become an important tourist attraction which you cannot miss.
- Bamboo Island: known as Koh Phai in Thai, this island is one of the six islands constituting the Phi Phi archipelago. Situated just five kilometers northeast of Koh Phi Phi Don, Bamboo Island is a perfect destination for snorkeling.
- Mosquito Island: Situated north of Ko Phi Phi Don, the island is known for its stone beach in the east and small sandy beaches at the foot of the hills.
- Viking Cave: Moving to the north of Pi Leh Bay is the Viking cave, home to the nests of swifts. As you enter inside the cave, you shall find some paintings on the walls of boats that resemble the Viking ships.
THINGS TO DO
- Pirate Island Adventures: It is a two-storey shophouse which has been converted into a haunted pirate shipwreck. Inside it, you can enjoy an electronic shooting range with 'old' pistols and muskets; a 5D motion theater, the Canyon Coaster, Haunted Mine, Cosmic Coaster and Ravine racer.
- Diving: Endowed with a mesmerizing underwater life, Phi Phi islands is a perfect destination for diving. There are multiple professional PADI dive centres dispensing courses which can introduce you to the art of diving.
- Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing: If you want to get into some real adventure, then climb up the tall limestone cliffs which are a special attraction of the island. The most coveted by the climbers is Tonsai Tower which is a 200m tall limestone tower consisting of 48 different bolted routes, meant for both beginners and experienced.
- Shark Watching Tours: The waters around Phi Phi Islands are a perfect host to a harmless black-tip and leopard sharks. So indulge into some real fun and adventure and watch sharks from a close distance!
Below we have a list of things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ko Phi Phi Don getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ko Phi Phi Don with confidence.