One of the primary attractions in Phi Phi Islands is rock climbing, with Tonsai offering the maximum number of roots to the adventure seekers. With a number of climbing schools and guiding companies such as Basecamp Tonsai and climbing shop such as the Rock shop, it is the best destination for rock climbing. They provide gear and guidance to the inexperience as well the experienced professionals. Tonsai has excellent rock formations with perfect multi-pitches to climb up the height and enjoy the views from the top. The Tonsai tower is located on the western end of the Tonsai Bay. Considered to be the climbers’ paradise in Phi Phi, it is a 200m tall limestone tower which hosts 48 different climbing routes.
Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing Travel Tips
- If you want to climb independently, its easy to either rent gear from one of the shops, or bring your own.
- It’s also very easy to meet people if you are looking for a partner, so don’t be afraid to just turn up alone, but do be careful about who you climb with.
- The close proximity to the sea leads to the rusting of the bolts, so it is worth sticking to new or rebolted routes.
- Some slings might be worn through, so it is better to get some extra slings or buy some there.
- You can buy a guide book at any of the climbing shops. It would have dates and safety ratings for each climb. However, be aware of local copies with inaccurate information.
- The best time to climb is during the winter months when it is cooler, the rest of the year its either very hot or raining.
Entrance Ticket Details For Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing
- 9000 baht (Maximum) for 5 days advanced courses
- 5000 baht for a 3 day course
How to Reach Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing
- Ferries from Phi Phi Don.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ko Phi Phi Don before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Phi Phi Don and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.76% of people who visit Ko Phi Phi Don include Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
53.85% of people start their Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tonsai Tower Rock Climbing