Angthong National Marine ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: TAT Surat Thani Office5 Thalad Mai Road, Baan Don, Amphoe Mueang, Surat Thani, Ko Samui, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-77282828
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Beach, Cave, Island, Water Body, Cavern, Water Park, Water Sport, Nature
Angthong National Marine Park - Review
Popularized by its role as home to a utopian beach society in the movie version of Alex Garland's novel The Beach, Angthong National Marine Park is made up of an archipelago of about 40 small islands combining sheer limestone cliffs, hidden lagoons, white-sand beaches and dense vegetation providing a postcard-perfect vista almost anywhere you look.
The numerous caves and crevices are home to nesting swallows and there's a narrow coral reef in the southwest of the park.
Angthong National Marine Park Information
- The place is open on all days.
- The price of the tour includes the ferry ride, the ticket and the food expenditure.
- Guided tours packages including food are available and recommended.
- Carry At least 1 liter of water per head when on this trip.
- It is also best to get your lunch packed as eateries are not available.
- You can also a reserve a bungalow if you wish to stay located near the park. headquarters. Prior booking is necessary.
How To reach Angthong National Marine Park by Public Transport
- Mu Koh Ang Thong are 75 km. from Surat Thani coast and 35 km. from Koh Samui. Most tourists take boat from Koh Samui.
- Different types of boats depart from different piers and also the prices might vary.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Samui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Samui and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Angthong National Marine Park
93.61% of people who visit Ko Samui include Angthong National Marine Park in their plan
84.31% of people start their Angthong National Marine Park visit around 08 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Angthong National Marine Park
Angthong National Marine Park Trips
Angthong National Marine Park, Ko Samui Reviews
This is really worth it... It's a package for a whole day on a speed boat stopping at 5 places for adventure and activities. Snorkeling, kayaking, the view , blue lagoon and all the new people you can meet... Suggest to take this trip the very next day of the full moon as many people will attend the full moon party and sleep the next day. So you can enjoy the view to the fullest...
Beautiful views, under rock caves when kayaking and the view of the lagoon is a spectacular nature effect. Take comfortable shoes with you as the climb is stiff. There are no regular stairs, it's more like a lather, but its rewarding. Take enough time to go back and forth, as the boat may want to leave you need between half to one hour.
Great place. Must visit. Value for money. Nature is so amazing. Unbelievable view from the rock. Climbing is worth.
A very nice calm place for a lazy kayaking and contemplation of nature. During our visit (late August) there were not many people however it probably depends on your tour operator. The salt lake is spectacular (although the super-steep stairs up are not for everyone). Kayaking around the shores of the rocky islands is super fun.
Absolute bliss.. We paid 1500 THB to an operator for a day trip by long boat. We avoided the speed boat. The park is a visual treat.. Many islands and islets of different sizes. We were guided to the emerald lagoon. The steps are steep but safe. The view of the lagoon is good from both the top and bottom view points. Then we were transferred back to the boat for lunch and after lunch we landed on another islands to hike to a view point. A 500 m hike along a well marked trail takes you to the viewpoint and the view of the national park is completely worth all the effort to reach the top. There are resting points every 100 m and the view from each of these points is different from the other.