Angthong National Marine Park, Ko SamuiCurrently Closed
- Address: TAT Surat Thani Office5 Thalad Mai Road, Baan Don, Amphoe Mueang, Surat Thani, Ko Samui, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-77282828
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Beach, Cave, Island, Water Body, Cavern, Water Park, Water Sport, Nature
About Angthong National Marine Park, Ko Samui
Popularized by its role as home to a utopian beach society in the movie version of Alex Garland's novel The Beach, Angthong National Marine Park is made up of an archipelago of about 40 small islands combining sheer limestone cliffs, hidden lagoons, white-sand beaches and dense vegetation providing a postcard-perfect vista almost anywhere you look.
The numerous caves and crevices are home to nesting swallows and there's a narrow coral reef in the southwest of the park.
Angthong National Marine Park Information
- The place is open on all days.
- The price of the tour includes the ferry ride, the ticket and the food expenditure.
- Guided tours packages including food are available and recommended.
- Carry At least 1 liter of water per head when on this trip.
- It is also best to get your lunch packed as eateries are not available.
- You can also a reserve a bungalow if you wish to stay located near the park. headquarters. Prior booking is necessary.
How To reach Angthong National Marine Park by Public Transport
- Mu Koh Ang Thong are 75 km. from Surat Thani coast and 35 km. from Koh Samui. Most tourists take boat from Koh Samui.
- Different types of boats depart from different piers and also the prices might vary.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Samui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Samui and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Angthong National Marine Park
21.42% of people who visit Ko Samui include Angthong National Marine Park in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
86.13% of people plan their visit to Angthong National Marine Park between 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Angthong National Marine Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Angthong National Marine Park
Angthong National Marine Park Sightseeing Tours
Angthong National Marine Park Adventure & Sports
Angthong National Marine Park, Ko Samui Reviews
A must see if you go to Thailand. Snorkeling was awesome as was the kayaking. The islands were gorgeous, beautiful beaches and lush greenery in the islands.
Incredible scenery and sounds. One of Thailand's national treasures. Amazing snorkeling, scuba diving, hiking, and some steep climbs too. Bring hiking shoes, and lots of water.
You cannot go to Thailand without visiting this natural park. Boat trip is rather long so take the speed boat. Lunch is slightly disorganised.
A must tour to take whilst on Samui. A fabulous day out, full off activities, unspoiled beaches, breath taking views and splendid scenic pics to be had
Very good to spend the day. Nice views. Make sure you not afraid of the heights and your knees can handle.