Angthong National Marine ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: TAT Surat Thani Office5 Thalad Mai Road, Baan Don, Amphoe Mueang, Surat Thani, Ko Samui, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-77282828
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Beach, Cave, Island, Water Body, Cavern, Water Park, Water Sport, Nature
Popularized by its role as home to a utopian beach society in the movie version of Alex Garland's novel The Beach, Angthong National Marine Park is made up of an archipelago of about 40 small islands combining sheer limestone cliffs, hidden lagoons, white-sand beaches and dense vegetation providing a postcard-perfect vista almost anywhere you look.
The numerous caves and crevices are home to nesting swallows and there's a narrow coral reef in the southwest of the park.
- The place is open on all days.
- The price of the tour includes the ferry ride, the ticket and the food expenditure.
- Guided tours packages including food are available and recommended.
- Carry At least 1 liter of water per head when on this trip.
- It is also best to get your lunch packed as eateries are not available.
- You can also a reserve a bungalow if you wish to stay located near the park. headquarters. Prior booking is necessary.
- Mu Koh Ang Thong are 75 km. from Surat Thani coast and 35 km. from Koh Samui. Most tourists take boat from Koh Samui.
- Different types of boats depart from different piers and also the prices might vary.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Samui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Samui and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.36% of people who visit Ko Samui include Angthong National Marine Park in their plan
84.31% of people start their Angthong National Marine Park visit around 08 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Angthong National Marine Park
This is really worth it... It's a package for a whole day on a speed boat stopping at 5 places for adventure and activities. Snorkeling, kayaking, the view , blue lagoon and all the new people you can meet... Suggest to take this trip the very next day of the full moon as many people will attend the full moon party and sleep the next day. So you can enjoy the view to the fullest...
The Outstanding, Most Popular, Tour. This National Park and the surrounding 39 islands are nothing short of spectacular-- and THE REASON why its the number 1 attraction while in Koh Samui. The natural scenery-- both the sea and island-- and "rock formations" and "most memorable". The opportunity for incredible snorkelling--- with lots of varied, colourful marine species. There are quite a few choices among the tours on offer-- but longer tours are better as the time it takes to just get on and off the boat is significant! (i.e. shorter tours have much less time among the very scenic islands. It is a definite "Must DO"!! I hope that this Review has been helpful.
Stunning, best place to be. Don't miss it if you're around. I went there with Safari Tours/Travels from Phangan and believe others might offer better packages considerind the level of natural spectacle in the whole archipelago.
Beautiful views, under rock caves when kayaking and the view of the lagoon is a spectacular nature effect. Take comfortable shoes with you as the climb is stiff. There are no regular stairs, it's more like a lather, but its rewarding. Take enough time to go back and forth, as the boat may want to leave you need between half to one hour.
Important: the park is closed from 1 November to 15 December. We are now on Koh Samui and feel pretty disappointed that there is no official information on any website, but we confirmed the info with locals and with the official tour organizer (safari boat tours). So if you're planning to visit, make sure to wait until December 16th.
Is it safe here to go ?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, it's totally safe to go to Angthong National Marine Park. Just remember that if you are choosing some activities like snorkeling, camping etc., you should keep the necessary things like hat, old t-shirt, water, food, sunscreen etc.Report Abuse