Angthong National Marine Park2462 Votes Currently Open
- Address: TAT Surat Thani Office5 Thalad Mai Road, Baan Don, Amphoe Mueang, Surat Thani, Ko Samui, Thailand Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +66-77282828
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Beach, Cave, Island, Water Body, Cavern, Water Park, Water Sport, Nature
Popularized by its role as home to a utopian beach society in the movie version of Alex Garland's novel The Beach, Angthong National Marine Park is made up of an archipelago of about 40 small islands combining sheer limestone cliffs, hidden lagoons, white-sand beaches and dense vegetation providing a postcard-perfect vista almost anywhere you look.
The numerous caves and crevices are home to nesting swallows and there's a narrow coral reef in the southwest of the park.
Angthong National Marine Park Travel Tips
- The place is open on all days.
- The price of the tour includes the ferry ride, the ticket and the food expenditure.
- Guided tours packages including food are available and recommended.
- Carry At least 1 liter of water per head when on this trip.
- It is also best to get your lunch packed as eateries are not available.
- You can also a reserve a bungalow if you wish to stay located near the park. headquarters. Prior booking is necessary.
How to Reach Angthong National Marine Park
- Mu Koh Ang Thong are 75 km. from Surat Thani coast and 35 km. from Koh Samui. Most tourists take boat from Koh Samui.
- Different types of boats depart from different piers and also the prices might vary.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ko Samui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Samui and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Angthong National Marine Park Address: TAT Surat Thani Office5 Thalad Mai Road, Baan Don, Amphoe Mueang, Surat Thani, Ko Samui, Thailand
- Angthong National Marine Park Contact Number: +66-77282828
- Angthong National Marine Park Timing: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Angthong National Marine Park(preferred time): 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Angthong National Marine Park: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
76.87% of people who visit Ko Samui include Angthong National Marine Park in their plan
84.31% of people start their Angthong National Marine Park visit around 08 AM
3 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 3 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Angthong National Marine Park
People normally club together Thong Nai Pan Yai Beach and Wat Phu Khao Noi while planning their visit to Angthong National Marine Park.
People also prefer to start their day with Angthong National Marine Park.
Angthong National Marine Park Reviews & Ratings
Is it safe here to go ?Answer Report Abuse
Yes, it's totally safe to go to Angthong National Marine Park. Just remember that if you are choosing some activities like snorkeling, camping etc., you should keep the necessary things like hat, old t-shirt, water, food, sunscreen etc.Report Abuse