Are you looking for what to do in Ko Samui?
PLACES TO SEE
- Angthong National Marine Park: Popularized by its role as home to a utopian beach society in the movie version of Alex Garland's novel The Beach, Angthong National Marine Park is made up of an archipelago of about 40 small islands combining sheer limestone cliffs, hidden lagoons, white-sand beaches and dense vegetation providing a postcard-perfect vista almost anywhere you look.
- Chaweng Beach: This is Ko Samui’s most popular spot it’s the longest and most beautiful beach on the island. The sand is powder soft, and the water is surprisingly clear, considering the number of boats and bathers.
- Wat Phra Yai or the Big Buddha Temple: Big Buddha is most popular attraction in Samui, many tourist come to marvel at the sheer size and beauty of this remarkable statue at some point during their holiday. Visible from several kilometers away and even from the air when arriving on or leaving the island, the 12 meter tall golden image stands proud.
- Grandfather & Grandmother rocks (Hinta Hinyai): Two naturally occurring rock formations which are know as "Grandmother and Grandfather Rocks" because of their rather rude similarity to male and female private parts! A local story tells of an old couple whose ship was wrecked in the bay. Their bodies were washed ashore to create the rocks.
- Picture ops are best from the southern part of the beach, with stunning views of the hilly headland to the north. There are a number of activities like Quad Biking, Shooting, Elephant rides, Snorkling and Scuba Diving.
- The numerous caves and crevices are home to nesting swallows and there's a narrow coral reef in the southwest of the park.
- Located on the headland between Lamai and Hua Thanon this is a great place to explore some rock pools and look out of the sea.
- At the base of the structure, several shops and restaurants cater to the needs of devotees and tourists alike.
Below we have a list of things to do in Ko Samui and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ko Samui getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ko Samui with confidence.