Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple3181 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 4171, Bo Put, Ko Samui, Surat Thani 84320, Thailand
- Timings: 10:00 am - 11:45 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Monument, Statue, Restaurant, Specialty Shop
Big Buddha is most popular attraction in Samui, many tourist come to marvel at the sheer size and beauty of this remarkable statue at some point during their holiday. Visible from several kilometers away and even from the air when arriving on or leaving the island, the 12 meter tall golden image stands proud.
At the base of the structure, several shops and restaurants cater to the needs of devotees and tourists alike.
Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple Travel Tips
- Temple is open on all days.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Since this is a sacred place, polite dress and conduct is a must. Be sure to wear shirts or scarves that cover the shoulders, trousers or long shorts, and avoid wearing beachwear.
- Donations are appreciated.
How to Reach Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple
- Hired Taxi
- Antica Locanda
- Samui Pier Restaurant
- Dancing crab restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ko Samui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Samui and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ko Samui include Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
56.29% of people start their Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple
92.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Phra Yai Or The Big Buddha Temple