Wat Plai Laem2227 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Nr Ban Plai Laem School, Road 4171, Ko Samui, Thailand
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Island, Historical Site, Statue, Architecture , Heritage Building
Wat Plai Laem is a Buddhist temple compound on Samui's north-east coast of Samui, featuring a striking white 18-arm image of Guanyin, the Goddess of Mercy and Compassion. Close to the Big Buddha temple, Wat Plai Laem offers visitors a view into Chinese-Thai beliefs as well as some elaborate Buddhist-themed art and architecture. A number of statues and murals depict the Guanyin and Buddha. The tranquility of the temple is enhanced by the lake teeming with fish.
Other standout features at Wat Plai Laem include a large white laughing Buddha statue, beautifully carved teak entry doors, and an elaborate ubosot (ceremonial hall) set on an island in the lake.
Wat Plai Laem Travel Tips
- Temple is open on all days.
- It is a religious place, so try to keep intact the sanctity of the place and make way for the local devotees.
- Since this is a sacred place, polite dress and conduct is a must. Be sure to wear shirts or scarves that cover the shoulders, trousers or long shorts, and avoid wearing beachwear.
- Donations are appreciated.
How to Reach Wat Plai Laem
- Rented taxi
- BBC Restaurant
- Honey Tara restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ko Samui before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Samui and book an accommodation of your choice.
73.67% of people who visit Ko Samui include Wat Plai Laem in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
54.95% of people start their Wat Plai Laem visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Wat Plai Laem
93.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Plai Laem