Ko Tao Tourism
Ko-Tao (also pronounced as Koh-Tao), or more commonly called as the Turtle Island, is situated in the southern part of Thailand and its pioneer settlers concluded that its formation is in the shape of a turtle. Coincidently, it is an abode for many species of turtles and is also a paradise of nature’s best aquatic creations. Koh-To, where on one hand is a classic representative of Thailand’s rich cultural heritage, it is also a top preference for the people who want to enjoy the jazzy nightlife of the island. Buddhist monasteries and temples are an integral part of Ko-Tao vistas as much as are the beaches, restaurants and lush green vegetation of the island. There are not many high tides in the seas of Koh-Tao, so get ready to enjoy lots of water sports while on the island. Everything in Koh-Tao speaks about its grand history and ancestry and the inhabitants of the place are equally proud to share their culture through warm hospitality and a never fading smile.Go Thailand, go to Koh-Tao! Do add Koh-Tao to your Thailand trip itinerary.
Essential travel information and Ko Tao tips for your visit
- Early registration for staying in hotels or guest houses is required.
- Do carry the print copy of your hotel registration receipt along with your passport for authentication.
- If the weather is uneven, try not to go on the beach.
- If going for dirt biking, do wear helmet and be careful in handling the All Terrain Vehicles or bikes.
- Do try some of the Thai dishes in local Thai restaurant.
- While in Ko-Tao, try to learn scuba diving and free diving.
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Ko Tao
Save 5%Scuba Diving in Koh TaoNew on TripHobo
Save 7%Koh Tao to Surat Thani Train Station by Seatran Discovery Ferry and MinivanNew on TripHobo
8 Hrs 42 Mins
Save 5%Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan Including Lunch from Koh Samui
9 Hrs 30 Mins5 Reviews
Save 5%Koh Tao & Nang Yuan Tour from Koh SamuiNew on TripHobo