How to Reach Ko Tao - The Easiest Way to Reach Ko Tao
Wondering how to get to Ko- Tao? Check out for these options.
- By Air: Domestic flights from Bangkok International airport disembark at the Chumphon domestic airport. From here, ferries are available that connect to Koh Tao.
- By Bus: Buses are available from Suvarnabhumi Airport as well as from the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok running till Chumphon Bus Station. Take a ferry from here.
- By Train: Trains are available from Bangkok railway station to Chumphon and a connecting ferry can be accessed from the railway station.Some ferry services provide car pick and drop from railway station and you can buy a ticket for the ferry from the station itself.
- By Car/ By Taxi: Cars or private taxis are available on hire from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chumphon airport as well as from the respective bus terminals reaching till the pier of the ferry service.
- By Boat: Chumphon is the nearest ferry terminal servicing ferry to Ko-Tao twice in a day.
From other nearby islands - Another nearby island is KoPhaNgan from where one can reach to Ko-Tao in 1 hour by ferry.
- By Boat: Long tail boats are available to and from Mae Haad Pier,Koh-Tao to most of the islands nearby including SuratThani, KohSamui and KohPhaNgan.
- By Car/By Taxi: Cars and Private taxis are available in Sairee village as well as in Mae Haad running on the main road stretching from north of Sairee Beach to south of Chalok Ban Kao and also available near all the tourist destinations to move around in Ko-Tao. You can also ask the help desk as all the hotels and resorts provide their taxis and cars on rent.
- By Motorcycle/Bike: Dirt bikes and mopeds can be used on the main road from Sairee Beach to Chalok Ban Kao which connects all the places and roadways in Ko-Tao. Motorcycles and bikes can be rented from Sairee Beach, Mae Haad and Chalok Ban Kao.
By Walking- Put sturdy shoes, carry a bottle of water and a mosquito repellent and go for a walk to know this small beautiful paradise!
Are you looking for a Ko Tao travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
- How to reach Ko Pha Ngan
- How to reach Ko Samui
- How to reach Phangkan
- How to reach Prachuap Khiri Khan
- How to reach Takdat
- How to reach Krabi
- How to reach Khlong Khanan
- How to reach Hua Hin
- How to reach Choeng Thale
- How to reach Bangkok
- How to reach Phuket
- How to reach Pattaya
- How to reach Ko Phi Phi Don
- How to reach Chiang Rai
- How to reach Hat Yai