John Suwan ViewpointCurrently Open
- Address: Ko Tao, KohPha-Ngan, SuratThani, Thailand
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
John Suwan Viewpoint - Review
John-Suwan viewpoint offers a panoramic vista of the whole of Ko Tao Island and the nearby islands. The island was named after two friends Mr. John and Mr. Suwan who discovered this viewpoint commanding a view of two beaches merging with each other. One can see Chalok Ban Kaok and ThianOg Bay, one of the most beautiful places on the island. The trekking pathway is short and easy enough for the trek lovers and the serene, green valley is a must see for all the nature lovers and travellers.
John Suwan Viewpoint Information
- Wear tough shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Carry water bottle and light eatables.
- You can also pack a picnic basket and have a small picnic over the hill top.
- Click memorable photographs!
How To reach John Suwan Viewpoint by Public Transport
- You can hire a taxi available near all the tourist destinations and can reach up to the base of John suwan viewpoint. A short hike of 15 minutes is needed to reach the top.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Tao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Tao and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting John Suwan Viewpoint
95% of people who visit Ko Tao include John Suwan Viewpoint in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
44.94% of people start their John Suwan Viewpoint visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see John Suwan Viewpoint
87.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting John Suwan Viewpoint
John Suwan Viewpoint Map
John Suwan Viewpoint Trips
2 Views16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Bangkok, Krabi, Ko Phi Phi Don, Ko Samui, Ko Tao from LloydminsterBy: Guest UserCity: Bangkok, Ko Phi Phi Don, Ko Samui, Krabi, Ko Tao
John Suwan Viewpoint, Ko Tao Reviews
Amazing view from the top, the little hike of 5-10 min is definitely worth it. Flip flops aren't recommended but you can still make up to the top. On the bottom there's a guy/woman that will charge you 50 baht per person for the hike. Apparently someone of that family found the place and now charges for the hike. It's still beautiful on the top though.
Amazing views, definitely worthy all the effort of getting there. Route is rather demanding with few high and arrow steps. It is occasionally secured with lines. We made the climb while it was dry, but during or after rain it can get tricky.
This point of view is amazing!! You have to climb rocks, so if you are unstable with sleepers: be carefull! You need to pay 100 baths to have the access at the freedom beach and the view point (with 1 bottle of water, kayak and volley ball) A place to see once in your life
Fun climb up. Tricky in flip flops but possible. There are ropes to assist. The view from the top is stunning and feels earned. Wasn't too busy to enjoy a rest up there either.
This place is one of the best view of Ko Tao. However, a high motorcycle skill is needed to make you get here because the route is steep, narrow and curved.
All QuestionsJohn suwan viewpoint
- Eleele Baptist Church
- Episcopal Church On West Kauai
- Kauai Sea Tours
- Holo Holo Charters
- Captain Andy's Sailing Adventures
- Port Allen Small Boat Harbor
- King's Cathedral & Chapels
- Bubbles Below Scuba Charters
- Kauai Charter Sportfishing
- Glass Beach
- Queensbath Princeville Kauai
- Kauai Charter Sport Fishing
- Actors - Ames Community Theater
- Wakefield Woods
- The Space For Ames