Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat, Ko Tao
About Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat, Ko Tao
Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat, Ko Tao - Address, Phone Number
Address: KowTahm Insight Meditation Centre, KohPhangan (Ban Tai), Thailand.
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 30K times in trip plans
Educational Site, Leisure, Family And Kids, Nature, Yoga Centre
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
WatKowTahm meditation center is situated 8 kilometers from KohPhangan port and is one of the most peaceful and serene retreats for meditation and spiritual experience. Surrounded by mountains and coconut jungles, this place is far from the crowd and offers a peaceful environment to mingle and transcend into divinity. The place is known for its week-long schedule of practicing Vipassana and silence observation, along with other forms of meditation.
No gadgets and electronic items are allowed to be taken inside the center.
Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat Information
- You can register for a one week yoga retreat by simply reaching the place on 10th or 11th in any month of the year. Further registration process will be done there.
- Carry simple and fully covering clothes.
- Carry all the important stuff you would need.
- You can hand your laptop, mobile phone or any other electronic items to the care takers there and can take with you while leaving the place.
Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat Opening and Closing Hours
- Recommended time to visit is two days.
How To reach Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat by Public Transport
- Catamarans are available at the leading ports of Ko Tao travelling from Ko Tao to KoPhangan.
- At KoPhangan port taxis are available to reach the meditation centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ko Tao before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ko Tao and book an accommodation of your choice.
Watkowtahm Yoga Retreat, Ko Tao Reviews - Write a Review
This and Than Sadet are the two oldest and most beautiful temple sites on Koh Phangan. This one is larger and has a better view, but no beach. See my photos for important visitor info.
Peaceful place! We spend 10 days there for the meditation retreat and it was a great experience. The nuns and monks were very welcoming and it was even no problem at all to have vegan food during the meditation retreat!
Peaceful little temple surrounded by forestry. They offer each month a vipassana meditation. The viewpoint is definitely one of the better spots in Phangan to see thesunset
Beautiful and peaceful place