The Kawasaki Heavy Industries Group has been around in the city of Kobe for over a hundred years. Though most people think of the Kawasaki brand as associated to motorcycles, the company started out as a ship manufacturing concern. Over the years the company has been associated to multiple other heavy industries such as aviation, space travel, and railways, and even the Rainbow Bridge in Tokyo. Thus, the main attractions at this museum are models of the various crafts and technologies the company has worked on. There is a flight simulator, a train simulator, a jet ski motor, and a huge theater which showcases how ships are built.
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available.
- Check out the museum shop.
- Elementary / junior high school students : 250yen.
- Tickets to the Kobe Maritime Museum are valid entry tickets for this attraction.
- Last admission is at 4:30 p.m.
- In case there is a National Holiday on Monday, then the attraction will be closed on the next day as well.
- Minatomotomachi Station on the Kobe Municipal Subway Kaigan Line.
- Motomachi Station on the JR and Hanshin Lines.
- Hanakuma Station on the Hankyu and Sanyo Lines.
- City Loop Bus stop Nakatottei Pier (Kobe Port Tower).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.11% of people who visit Kobe include Kawasaki Good Times World in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
60% of people start their Kawasaki Good Times World visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kawasaki Good Times World
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kawasaki Good Times World
Had no expectations coming into museum for boyfriend who enjoys motorcycles. Left extremely surprised and happy with the fun little interactive games and simulators because of the nice elderly men who were very good at explaining the games and were so friendly. It was really nice to see. Very quiet so it won’t be busy and populated.
Very cool and interesting museum, went back the next day. Came just to see the Kawasaki Good Times part, but all of it was fun to learn about! Highly recommend visiting Kobe!
Quiet and empty museum on the weekday. Many ships on display but the best part is the Kawasaki Good Time World with a real Shinkansen, A LOT of motorcycles, a real helicopter, a flight simulator and more.
A great museum with lots of history. Well worth the trip.
Really nice museum to understand Kawasaki, one of the Japan/world leading manufacturers. The display is nice and well functioning. The flight simulator is fun. The train model has a lot of details.