Kobe City Oji ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: 3-1 Ojicho, Nada Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 657-0838, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-788615624
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
The 80000 square metres of the zoo are home to around 850 different animals from 150 different species. A pleasant number of the species are quite rare - giant panda, koala, golden snub-nosed monkey, Amur tiger, and snow-leopard. Polar bears, ostriches, monkeys, dolphins, orangutans, lions and penguins help round off the attractions. Kids will enjoy the petting zoo, where the rabbits and goats are quite friendly. They won't want to miss the Ferris Wheel or the mini-train ride either. The zoo theatre has interesting video exhibits on animal ecology. The elephant Suwako is the oldest in Japan. In springtime, the zoo is an excellent place to visit for the 'hanami' or the cherry blossoms.
- Do not: feed the animals, bring your pets, toys.
- Smoking and drinking not allowed.
- 390 paid parking spaces available.
- Free for junior high school kids and under, people over 65, and the disabled.
- Groups of 30-90: 540 yen
- Last admission 30 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on Wednesdays (unless it's a public holiday)
- Hankyu Railway and get off at Oji Koen Station.
- Take the JR and get off at Nada Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kobe include Kobe City Oji Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
76.74% of people start their Kobe City Oji Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Kobe City Oji Zoo
91.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kobe City Oji Zoo
The place is awesome to animal lovers. It has both land and sea animals. It is an interesting place to visit
Wonderful place to take your kids, especially for the ridiculously low cost. Great selection of animals including a Panda. Bring your own lunch is suggested as the food quality is pretty low. Japan is such a bargain to visit!
Inexpensive and diverse range of animals. Friendly staff and animals seemed well cared for. Entry was 600 yen.
1. Great place even for grown ups!! I enjoyed going around the zoo and looking at different animals. They have A LOT of animals that you can see. 2. If you’re planning to see the Panda, there’s a very long line for him/her so we decided to just look at the panda from afar. 🐼 3. There are vending machines all over the zoo so no need to worry about drinks esp during Summer. 4. There is a souvenir shop near the zoo entrance but I think it’s pricey. 5. There are discounts for students and senior citizens I think. The entrance for adult is around 500 円 if I remember it correctly.
I liked it but the cages in Asia are so small compared to Europe...