Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium50 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1 Chome-3-5 Wakamiyacho, Suma Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 654-0049, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-787317301
- Ticket Price: 1300 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Aquarium, Family And Kids, Rides
This is another fun tourist trap for the family - an aquarium next to Suma Beach. Opened in 1957, the main attraction here is the live dolphin pavilion, where the marine mammals perform tricks. On the first and second floors of the attraction there is a large glass wall on the other side of which is a huge water tank. The inhabitants of the Pacific Ocean - sharks, stingrays, sea turtles and sardines - swim in it. In the Amazon World exhibit swims the pirarucu, the largest freshwater fish in the world. There are peacocks in the aviary. The enchanting sea-shell gallery is not to be missed. There's even a petting area with penguins and otters. The skeletons of whales in the Cetacean gallery are awesome. Kids will enjoy the rides at the small amusement park. From the rooftop plaza catch views of the Osaka Bay and the Kii Peninsula.
Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium Travel Tips
- Animals may not be displayed if they are unwell.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium
- 15-17 : 800 yen
- Elementary and junior high school students: 500 yen
- Free for the disabled.
- 5% discount for the elderly.
Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium Hours
- For some events the park stays open until 8 p.m. in the evening. For such cases check the attraction website calendar.
- The facility may be closed in winter for inspection.
- The facility may be closed on Wednesday unless it's a public holiday.
- Last admission 1 hour before closing time.
- Check attraction website for animal show timings.
How to Reach Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium
- Kobe City bus stop Suma Aqualife Park bus stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
2.18% of people who visit Kobe include Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
75% of people start their Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kobe City Suma Marine Aquarium