Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And RopewayCurrently Closed
- Address: Japan, 〒650-0002 Hyōgo-ken, Kobe-shi, Chūō-ku, Kitanochō, 1 Chome−4
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +81-782711160
- Ticket Price: 1400 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, View Point, Family And Kids, Ropeways
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway - Review
The layout of this attraction can be mildly confusing to foreigners: the thing to remember is that this is TWO attractions, a cable car ropeway from the foot of the hill, and the herb garden the cable car takes you to at the top of the mountain.
The ride is about 10 minutes long and takes you over iconic views - Nunobiki waterfall and, the NunobikiGohonmatsu dam, and of course, spectacular panoramas of Kobe itself, and the Seto Inland Sea. It's hard to decide which is a better time to ride, the daytime or the evening.
The journey's end greets you with a lovely observation deck. Selfie time. There's a cafe, restaurant and shop at the pretty half-timbered house. Check out the many different blooms at the musical Rose Symphony Garden. The exquisite herb garden itself has about 75,000 herbs and 2000 flowers! Visit the Kobe confectionery factory Honey Bee. Enjoy a herbal foot bath.
It's possible to simply hike up to the herb garden instead of taking the ropeway, skipping the rose garden below. Or you could take the ropeway halfway to the Kaze no Oka station, get off, and then continue to climb to the top. Or you could skip the ropeway on your way back and hike down.
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Information
- Address given is for the ropeway station at the foot of the hill. The official herb garden address is "YamagoriFukiaicho, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 651-0058, Japan"
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Ticket Prices
- Normal: 1400 yen (700 yen child) roundtrip; 900 yen (450 yen child) one way
- Nightgame Business: 800 yen (500 yen child)
- Free for preschoolers.
- Entrance to herb garden is not the one way ticket.
- The elderly, group visitors of more than 15 people, and the disabled can avail further discounts.
- Piedmont station to intermediate station (one way) & intermediate station to foothills station (one way): 700 yen (350 yen child)
- One-way tickets will be available only between the foot of a mountain station and the wind of the hill station.
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Opening and Closing Hours
20th March - 19th July and September - November
- Monday - Friday: 9:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: 9:30 am - 8:15 pm
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
20th July - August
- Ropeway: 9:30 am - 8:15 pm
- Herb Garden: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
December - 19th March
- Ropeway: 9:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Herb Garden: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
May be closed due to bad weather.
How To reach Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway by Public Transport
- Kobe Municipal Subway: JR, Hankyu and Hanshin "Sannomiya" stop "Shin-Kobe Station"
- Bullet Train stop "Shin-Kobe Station"
- Check attraction website for bus stop access details or ask locals for information.
- From Shin Kobe Station, find your way to the Herb garden at the foot station (HÃÃ„bu-en sanroku-eki)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway
95% of people who visit Kobe include Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
68.3% of people start their Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway
85.81% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Map
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Trips
2 Views21 Days 20 Nights21 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Nara, HiroBy: Guest UserCity: Tokyo, Takayama, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway, Kobe Reviews
Beautiful views from the top. I went during golden week and despite being a busy season it still felt peaceful and relaxing up there. The ropeway was a lot of fun! Nice flower gardens and some nice cafes. You MUST eat the ice cream up there! It’s literally the nicest ice cream I have ever had!
Great view over Kobe port from the top of the garden after taking the cable car. Various themed areas and buildings with good collection of herbs and flowers along the winding way downhill. Excellent place for family outdoor getaway. In one of the buildings, at 2F, there was an exhibition featuring spices around the world and the corresponding herbal ingredients. Very educational.
Great place to getaway for a half day. Ascending to to the garden via ropeway within 10 minutes with exhilarating view on the Kobe city and harbor. If you a hiking lover you can buy a one way ticket.The rest either going up or down along the hiking path.The spectacles along the route were fantastic and worthy take a try.
Great ropeway ride but herb garden not much to see. Some nice views at top if weather is clear. There are food outlets and outdoor seating. Not much to do when at top.
The best garden with the prettiest flowers. Great view of Kobe. Also there is a cafe that serves drink at the top. There is also a lift to being you up and down. It cost 950 yen to take it 1 way.
All QuestionsKobe nunobiki herb garden and ropeway
- Klemetsens Sjark Og Skog
- Nergård Fjordtrål
- Kjersti Jørgensen
- Finnsnes Motell & Camping
- Hallgeir Olsen
- JOG Jann-Oskar Granheim
- Ove's Musikkservice Ove Gunder Pedersen
- Lenvik Bygdemuseum
- Geir Antonsen
- Larsen Johnny Asle
- Skrivestua Caspersen
- Jensen Jakob
- Jonny Pettersen
- Young Furious Sounds Geoffrey Michael Kyando Fagerli