Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And RopewayCurrently Closed
- Address: Japan, 〒650-0002 Hyōgo-ken, Kobe-shi, Chūō-ku, Kitanochō, 1 Chome−4
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
- Phone: +81-782711160
- Ticket Price: 1400 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, View Point, Family And Kids, Ropeways
The layout of this attraction can be mildly confusing to foreigners: the thing to remember is that this is TWO attractions, a cable car ropeway from the foot of the hill, and the herb garden the cable car takes you to at the top of the mountain.
The ride is about 10 minutes long and takes you over iconic views - Nunobiki waterfall and, the NunobikiGohonmatsu dam, and of course, spectacular panoramas of Kobe itself, and the Seto Inland Sea. It's hard to decide which is a better time to ride, the daytime or the evening.
The journey's end greets you with a lovely observation deck. Selfie time. There's a cafe, restaurant and shop at the pretty half-timbered house. Check out the many different blooms at the musical Rose Symphony Garden. The exquisite herb garden itself has about 75,000 herbs and 2000 flowers! Visit the Kobe confectionery factory Honey Bee. Enjoy a herbal foot bath.
It's possible to simply hike up to the herb garden instead of taking the ropeway, skipping the rose garden below. Or you could take the ropeway halfway to the Kaze no Oka station, get off, and then continue to climb to the top. Or you could skip the ropeway on your way back and hike down.
- Address given is for the ropeway station at the foot of the hill. The official herb garden address is "YamagoriFukiaicho, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 651-0058, Japan"
- Normal: 1400 yen (700 yen child) roundtrip; 900 yen (450 yen child) one way
- Nightgame Business: 800 yen (500 yen child)
- Free for preschoolers.
- Entrance to herb garden is not the one way ticket.
- The elderly, group visitors of more than 15 people, and the disabled can avail further discounts.
- Piedmont station to intermediate station (one way) & intermediate station to foothills station (one way): 700 yen (350 yen child)
- One-way tickets will be available only between the foot of a mountain station and the wind of the hill station.
20th March - 19th July and September - November
- Monday - Friday: 9:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: 9:30 am - 8:15 pm
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
20th July - August
- Ropeway: 9:30 am - 8:15 pm
- Herb Garden: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
December - 19th March
- Ropeway: 9:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Herb Garden: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
May be closed due to bad weather.
- Kobe Municipal Subway: JR, Hankyu and Hanshin "Sannomiya" stop "Shin-Kobe Station"
- Bullet Train stop "Shin-Kobe Station"
- Check attraction website for bus stop access details or ask locals for information.
- From Shin Kobe Station, find your way to the Herb garden at the foot station (HÃÃ„bu-en sanroku-eki)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Kobe include Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
49.09% of people start their Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway
86.05% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway
This place is honestly such a breath of fresh air from the bustling streets of Osaka. You take a cable car to the top station and it is a nice retreat from the sweltering heat of Japan in August. Obviously this place is a herb garden with various displays of herbs and vegetables, but do not be fooled as these things can exude their own air of beauty in its simplicity. The displays and interspersed points of interest make this quite a relaxing and interesting spot. The middle platform area even has a lounging area to take in the natural beauty and breathtaking view of Kobe. Perfect for dates or even just a casual day out. Prices are reasonable. Highly recommended!
Although I lack interest in gardens in general, this is a good spot to visit. It has a few places to eat and some interesting shops. The best part for me was the spectacular view over the city of Kobe. Well worth the trip up the cable car alone.
If you like nature and architecture, this place is a must! Awesome experience. This place is just like another country. The style is more like western country architecture. I am amazed to the flower field, glass house and park. Very nice to visit in spring and summer. They have a collection of parfume's scent and herbs. A nice place to visit with family and friends. You can also do a lot of activities here. Not to mention, the cable car is amazing! You can see the entire park and the city!
A must visit place for those who love nature and plants. I could take hours and hours to enjoy fragrance of the flower and herbs around. A nice place for relaxation as well.
Great place to visit. The gardens are quite nice, especially the rose garden. In addition there are a few places for food and snacks on the top where you can enjoy a great view over Kobe. I would recommend to walk down the mountain, as you can get close to the Nunobiki waterfalls. The walk down is listed to take 90min, I did it with my girlfriend in an hour. It mostly depends on how used you are to going down steep slopes. If you are going with kids there are spaces for them to play several places in the garden area.