Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway, Kobe
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway, Kobe - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Japan, 〒650-0002 Hyōgo-ken, Kobe-shi, Chūō-ku, Kitanochō, 1 Chome−4
Ticket Price: 1400 JPY
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:45 pm Details
Added 18.9K times in trip plans
Garden, View Point, Family And Kids, Ropeways
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway, Kobe
The layout of this attraction can be mildly confusing to foreigners: the thing to remember is that this is TWO attractions, a cable car ropeway from the foot of the hill, and the herb garden the cable car takes you to at the top of the mountain.
The ride is about 10 minutes long and takes you over iconic views - Nunobiki waterfall and, the NunobikiGohonmatsu dam, and of course, spectacular panoramas of Kobe itself, and the Seto Inland Sea. It's hard to decide which is a better time to ride, the daytime or the evening.
The journey's end greets you with a lovely observation deck. Selfie time. There's a cafe, restaurant and shop at the pretty half-timbered house. Check out the many different blooms at the musical Rose Symphony Garden. The exquisite herb garden itself has about 75,000 herbs and 2000 flowers! Visit the Kobe confectionery factory Honey Bee. Enjoy a herbal foot bath.
It's possible to simply hike up to the herb garden instead of taking the ropeway, skipping the rose garden below. Or you could take the ropeway halfway to the Kaze no Oka station, get off, and then continue to climb to the top. Or you could skip the ropeway on your way back and hike down.
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Information
- Address given is for the ropeway station at the foot of the hill. The official herb garden address is "YamagoriFukiaicho, Chuo Ward, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 651-0058, Japan"
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Ticket Prices
- Normal: 1400 yen (700 yen child) roundtrip; 900 yen (450 yen child) one way
- Nightgame Business: 800 yen (500 yen child)
- Free for preschoolers.
- Entrance to herb garden is not the one way ticket.
- The elderly, group visitors of more than 15 people, and the disabled can avail further discounts.
- Piedmont station to intermediate station (one way) & intermediate station to foothills station (one way): 700 yen (350 yen child)
- One-way tickets will be available only between the foot of a mountain station and the wind of the hill station.
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Opening and Closing Hours
20th March - 19th July and September - November
- Monday - Friday: 9:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: 9:30 am - 8:15 pm
- Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
20th July - August
- Ropeway: 9:30 am - 8:15 pm
- Herb Garden: 10:00 am - 8:30 pm
December - 19th March
- Ropeway: 9:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Herb Garden: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
May be closed due to bad weather.
How To reach Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway by Public Transport
- Kobe Municipal Subway: JR, Hankyu and Hanshin "Sannomiya" stop "Shin-Kobe Station"
- Bullet Train stop "Shin-Kobe Station"
- Check attraction website for bus stop access details or ask locals for information.
- From Shin Kobe Station, find your way to the Herb garden at the foot station (HÃÃ„bu-en sanroku-eki)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Kobe
Kobe Nunobiki Herb Garden And Ropeway, Kobe Reviews - Write a Review
Nice escape from the city. The gondolas are fast and extremely quiet, with an outstanding view of the city. At the top is a terrace, shop, cafes and live music area to unwind before the peaceful walk through the gardens. The herbs have English on the labels, and you can smell and touch each one. Lots to see on the way, including a greenhouse with exhibits and a lookout point. Highly recommended.
The gondola up is cheap (Y1200 with the Kansai One Pass) and offers amazing views of Kobe. It is not air conditioned however but they try to pump cold air into it whenever possible. The garden itself was massive and had great views from the top. If you're visiting in the middle of July like us, there are multiple buildings along the way for you to rest and soak up some AC before proceeding. Lots of great smelling flowers and herbs. Activities in the building show how perfumes and colognes are made, although mostly in Japanese. Three beautifully designed greenhouse domes. The lavender ice cream stand is down the slope past the greenhouses a little bit, don't be discouraged if you didn't see them up top! Perhaps it was because we went in the middle of summer, but a lot of their gardens needed care from the heat!
Wonderful place. Easy to go straight from the hotel next to a train station(bullet train) Afterwards just a cable car ride UPWARDs (suggest to buy a two way ticket) and take a slow walk down. Easy and accessible to wheelchairs! Pretty flowers and reallly nice herbs burger on the way down. When u are done midway you can take a cable car down or back up again. But once u reach the ground you can't go back up. Flowers are nice and many rest spots!
It's beautiful and scenic. Went on a sunny day and enjoyed it immensely. Bring your special someone here. They can speak english.
Beautiful place. Lots of plants to admire and so many good smells! I really liked the exhibit of essential oils and spices. The cafe area is a bit touristy and plays awful music but you can ignore it if you have good company ;)