Sannomiya Center Town, KobeCurrently Open
- Address: Sannomiyacho, Chuo-ku, Kobe 650-0021, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Cafe, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Street Food
About Sannomiya Center Town, Kobe
It would be easy to end up spending an entire day in this commercial complex without realizing where the time has flown.
The main attraction here is the Sannomiya Centre Street underground shopping market. 120 establishments ranging from upscale fashion, books, electronics, interior decor boutiques to excellent eateries make this one of the most popular malls in the city.
But there are just as many establishments outside the street, an eclectic mix of shops and cafes located inside charming old Kobe buildings, remnants of the Old Settlement Area. Definitely check out the Flower Street, a road of pretty blossoms, fountains, sculptures and statues, and Japan's first flower clock.
The area is also a supremely important public transport hub, with many of Kobe's major railway and subways lines meeting here - JR TokaidoHonsen Line, Subway Yamate Line, Hanshin, Hankyu, and Port Liner.
Sannomiya Center Town Ticket Prices
- Establishments may have varying individual entry fees.
Sannomiya Center Town Opening and Closing Hours
- Shop and restaurants may have their opening/closing hours.
How To reach Sannomiya Center Town by Public Transport
- Ask locals for public transport info
- Kobe-Sannomiya Station
- Sannomiya-Hanadokei-Mae Station - Kaigan Line
- Sannomiya Station - Portliner and Seishin-Yamate Lines
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.