Sorakuen GardenCurrently Open
- Address: Central District, Zhongshan hand through 5-chome, 3-1, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture 650-0004, Japan
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-783515155
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Park, Family And Kids
Opened to the public in 1941, this garden used to be a part of the residence of a former mayor of the city of Kobe, Kodera Kenkich. Built and decorated in traditional Japanese style but laid out in the style of Western Gardens, the garden is surrounded by several buildings of national cultural importance, including the Kodera Stable, the colonial Hassam House and the 17th century Funayakata pleasure boat cabin. Peaceful paths meander around a central pond; some of the large camphor trees are over 500 years old; there is a pretty teahouse; traditional style stone lanterns line the path; and azealas and chrysanthemums bloom.
Entrance Ticket Details For Sorakuen Garden
- Elementary and middle school children: 150 yen
Sorakuen Garden Hours
- Last admission to visit the garden is 4:30 pm.
- Closed on Friday if Thursday is a national holiday.
How to Reach Sorakuen Garden
- Kobe Municipal Subway Kencho-Mae Station.
- Motomachi Station stop for JR and Hanshin Railways.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kobe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kobe and book an accommodation of your choice.
12.76% of people who visit Kobe include Sorakuen Garden in their plan
25% of people start their Sorakuen Garden visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sorakuen Garden
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sorakuen Garden