- Address: Josef-Gorres-Platz, 56068 Koblenz Koblenz, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany, 56068
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +49-02622168001
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Landmark, Walking Area, Statue, Food And Drinks, Leisure, Square, Family And Kids, Fountain, Landmarks, Businesses And Services
This square has a long history – it was once settled by the Romans! It’s been called many names through history, but the current one comes from the poet Joseph Gorres. The squares most prominent landmark is the magnificent fountain-sculpture in the centre. 10 metres high and elaborately carved with many scenes from Koblenz’s history, it was a gift to the city from the Rhineland-Palatinate in 1992; that year marked 2000 years since Koblenz was founded.
Today, it’s an excellent place to be after a day of sightseeing– there are many eateries and bars nearby. It’s a lively place too– from the benches, you can people-watch. If you’re lucky, a band may be playing music.
- There’s an underground car park nearby.
- Walk, drive or take a bus to here.
- Ask the locals for public transport info.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Koblenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Koblenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Koblenz include Gorresplatz in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
29.32% of people start their Gorresplatz visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gorresplatz
89.26% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gorresplatz