Mittelrhein-museum277 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Zentralplatz 1 56068 Koblenz, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2611292520
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Museums, Photo Gallery, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
This is one of Germany’s most prestigious municipal museums of art. The exhibition on the first floor showcases important works from the 19th and the 20th centuries. Most of the paintings are landscape paintings of the Rhine by German and British artists. There is also a significant late medieval religious art collection. Altogether, about 200 years of Rhine’s cultural history is exhibited at this museum, covering 1,100 paintings, 8,000 graphics and drawings, 300 sculptures and other collections of of arts and crafts, furniture, textiles, military equipment, , photographs, ceramics and coins.
A humorous highlight of they museum is the “Eye-Roller”. It’s a figure that sits under the entrance clock that rolls its eyes on the hour, and sticks out its tongue on the half hour.
Mittelrhein-museum Travel Tips
- There are plans to move the museum to a new cultural complex. Check attraction website to confirm its location for the day of your visit.
- Get coffee in the foyer.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mittelrhein-museum
- EUR 2 for students and seniors.
How to Reach Mittelrhein-museum
- Buses 1, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 116, 160, 318, 319, 358, 460, 485, 570, 571, 573, 576, 650 stop Zentralplatz.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Koblenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Koblenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.93% of people who visit Koblenz include Mittelrhein-museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
54.14% of people start their Mittelrhein-museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Mittelrhein-museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mittelrhein-museum