Schloss Stolzenfels482 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Stolzenfels Castle, Rhenser Str. 33, 56075 Koblenz, Germany
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-026151656
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Hill
This Gothic Revival 19th century palace was completed in 1842, commissioned by Frederick William IV of Prussia. After WWII though, it was returned to the city. Far more beautiful than the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, the palace was used by the King as a summer residence. Its guests included Queen Victoria. Today, the castle remains more or less as the King left it, full of paintings, weapons, armour and furnishings. There are some pretty gardens too, and a wonderful view over the country scape.
It’s a popular spot for weddings.
Schloss Stolzenfels Travel Tips
- Parking is paid.
- It’s a bit of an uphill hike from the carpark to the castle.
- Guided tours are in German, but there is an English translation print out.
Entrance Ticket Details For Schloss Stolzenfels
- EUR 2.5 for kids and students.
Schloss Stolzenfels Hours
- Last admission 45 minutes before closing time.
- Closed on the first working day of the week.
How to Reach Schloss Stolzenfels
- Bus line "650 Boppard" stop "Stolzenfels-Schlossweg".
- The walk to the castle is signposted.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Koblenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Koblenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.27% of people who visit Koblenz include Schloss Stolzenfels in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
53.17% of people start their Schloss Stolzenfels visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Schloss Stolzenfels
94.3% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Schloss Stolzenfels