Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple3846 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Chottanikkara, Nedumkandam, Kerala 685553, Kochi, India
- Timings: 04:00 am - 08:45 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4842713300
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Chottanikkara Bhagavathy temple is the most famous temple in Kochi. Two main deities are presiding here which can be seen in Melekkavu and Keezkkavu. Rajarajeswari is presiding in Melkkavu. Keezhkkavu Bhagavathy is badrakali in ugra form. Considered to be a powerful deity so effective that it is rumoured to cure mental illness, the god Bhagavathy is understandably famous amongst people of Kerala. The temple architecture represents traditional Kerala designs. It attracts hundreds of devotees on a daily basis and the aartis are greatly revered.
Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple Travel Tips
- Conservative dressing is encouraged.
- There are long queues on holidays and weekends.
- Do remember to take off your shoes before entering the temple.
Entrance Ticket Details For Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
- Nearest Bus stop: Chottanikkara Temple Bus Stop, Ambadimala Bus Stop
- Sreedevi Vegetarian Restaurant
- Ganesh Bhavan
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kochi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kochi and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.69% of people who visit Kochi include Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
47.83% of people start their Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple