How to Reach Kochi
- By Air: Kochi is well connected to the rest of Kerala and other states too. Visitors to Kochi can fly to the Kochi International Airport which is connected to the other major airports in India and to international airports too. You can hop on the flights to Cochin from all the major Indian cities like Mumbai.
- By train: The rail network is also well managed with Kochi being connected to the rest of India by express trains which travel from the south to the north and vice versa.
- By Car: Kochi has a vast network of roads, both, national and regional highways which connect this city to the rest of India.
- The natural port and the serene backwaters play a big role in transport and cargo delivery from Kochi to other countries as well as locally.
- According to Kochi travel guide, State transport buses and auto-rickshaws or even private cabs are convenient when traveling around Kochi.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kochi. The most preferred mode of transport in Kochi is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 15.64 km Average time: 48.15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 30.77%Bus 36.25 min Waiting 10 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 15.83 kms 50.25 min
Bike 15.38%Bike 27.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 27.5 min
Motorbike 7.69%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 10 kms 10 min
Car 23.08%Driving 55 min Walking 0.33 min Overall average time for 14.67 kms 55.33 min
Walking 15.38%Walking 27.5 min Bike 7.5 min Train 5 min Waiting 2.5 min Other 1 min Overall average time for 6 kms 43.5 min
Train/Metro 7.69%Train 72 min Waiting 20 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 50 kms 107 min