Paradesi Synagogue3468 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Synagogue Ln, Jew Town, Kappalandimukku, Mattancherry, Kochi, Kerala 682002, India
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91- 4712321132
- Tags: Family And Kids, Synagogue
The Paradesi Synagogue, in a corner of Jew Town, is more than a hundred years old and houses many rare antiques. The synagogue, that woos many visitors, adds to the quaint charm of Mattancherry. The word Paradesi means foreigner in many Indian languages. It refers to the White Jews - A mixture of Jews from Kodungalloor, Middle East and Europe. Enter the synagogue and the large main hall arrests your attention with display of rare antique objects that add to the grandeur of the place. The light falling through the large open windows make the sight of chandeliers and lamps more delightful. These glass chandeliers dangling from the ceiling belong to the 19th century and were imported from Belgium.
Paradesi Synagogue Travel Tips
- Visitors are expected to enter the synagogue barefoot.
- Time taken to visit is about 1 hour.
- Dutch Palace is situated within walking distance and can be combined with a visit to this attraction.
Entrance Ticket Details For Paradesi Synagogue
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Paradesi Synagogue
- Nearest Bus Terminus: Mattancherry Bus stop.
- Ginger House Restaurant
- Tissa’s Inn
- Sri Annapurna Sweet
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kochi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kochi and book an accommodation of your choice.
46.79% of people who visit Kochi include Paradesi Synagogue in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
40.91% of people start their Paradesi Synagogue visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Paradesi Synagogue
87.79% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Paradesi Synagogue